• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Best meal prior to a gig

Started by sidereal, January 03, 2002, 10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drwalker

Hash brownies..  yum yum.  ;D

Sean Welch

Quote from: drwalker on August 05, 2003, 12:06 PM
Hash brownies..  yum yum.  ;D

Only if you're playing Strawberry Alarm Clock covers   ;)

cavalier302

I never eat anything too salty before a gig, especially if it is outside. I always try to eat some sugary stuff like a snickers bar, and drink plenty of water.

drwalker

Quote from: mR.dnA on August 05, 2003, 01:45 PM
Only if you're playing Strawberry Alarm Clock covers   ;)

Or very old Floyd tunes... ;)

DrumerFromSysinoid

Quote from: Bartman on January 03, 2002, 01:41 PM
As a side note, I state the following:

[size=+2]Drink a lot of water during the gig![/size]

You need to keep your system flushed out and hydrated. Drinking alcohol, among other reasons, is the worst thing you could do to stay hydrated. Sure, you'll have to visit the Mens Room at every break, but you'll be glad you did.

Remember, playing the drums is the MOST physical instrument on the planet. Most of us burn 4 calories per minute playing the drums ... so you are really getting a work-out ... and having to make music at the same time!

that's seriously the most true and important thing someone  can say about drums, i remember once i'd spent all day stuffing myself full of carbohydrates and all sorts of healthy foods but i nearly passed out during the gig because I had forgotten to drink water all day!! It was a bugger too because it was a great gig and yeah..

someone might have asked this and i missed it but does anyone think there's an amount of time you should leave between your gig and when you stop eating? like an hour or do you think you should try and eat right up until you start playing?