• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

2010 Drummer Cafe Community Drum Solo

Started by Bart Elliott, April 01, 2010, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

It's that time again ... and everyone can needs to participate!

What is the Drummer Cafe Community Drum Solo?

Back in 2004 I initiated the very first community drum/perc solo on the Internet by creating a simple loop for Drummer Cafe members to play-along to and record themselves. The recordings of each soloist was strung together to create one large composition! In 2008, the community solo has expanded to include video performances of the soloists.

This year's community solo will again be featured on Drummer Cafe YouTube Channel.

Click HERE to watch/listen to past community solos.

For details on how to participate and to download the play-along loop ... CLICK HERE.

Bob Dias

Excellent! for better or for worse, I'm in! Bob

Jon E

Well, I can't stink up the place any worse than last year.  I'm in (I hope).

Gaetano Nicolosi

Great Bart!
I just was thinking about it the other day.

Hey John E I got a camera like yours I believe, so the video quality should be way better than last year ;D

Looking forward to do it, but I have to find some time! I am working on other things at the moment, anyhow it will get done!

Ciao

Jon E

Now if I could only find a camera that makes me PLAY better!   :P

Hannah Ford

You can count me in again!  Schedule is crazy, but I LOVE the community solo.

Everybody should do it....

Hannah

Patrick Quigley

I have missed this 3 years in a row. This year. This is the year :)

Nathan Cartier

I'm working on my contribution this week.  I haven't been very active on the forums, but this is always a great, fun project when it all comes together.  I just had to participate again.

Can't wait to see all of your 8 bars of Awesome!

Bart Elliott

Participating in the DC Community Drum Solo is a great way to gain some exposure as a player ... so get cookin'!

Also, if you have the ability to shoot SD widescreen (16:9) or in HD, please do so! Drummer Cafe TV is 16:9.

My son, Aidan, is going to participate in the community solo this year (I think). He started taking drum lessons a few months ago and can keep some solid time, so I believe he's in.  8)

If you have a son or daughter who would like to participate in the community solo, encourage them. If we have enough kids, I'll create a separate mix with just the youngsters.

Chonson

Solo submitted, snuck in after a long and tiring day of recording other stuff. (Hey, while the mics are already UP...)

Mark Counts

OK, I am in.... Sorry I have been missing :P... I will get to work on it.
Nutty

Andy Ziker

I just had the pleasure of recording the video segments with Matt Self and Todd Norris (part of the Phoenix area contingent of Drummer Cafe). Let me tell you, these guys are really fun to hang out with. We had a great time. Both Matt and Todd are great musicians!

Todd brought a couple of his snare drums, including a model that is patent pending. I was blown away! I wouldn't be surprised if Todd is looking at a "best of NAMM" designation in a couple of years.

Thank you, Matt and Todd, for letting me record with you.

Bart Elliott

I know that some of you, those who have expressed an interest in participating, still haven't sent in your solos. Would it be best if I extended the deadline?

Originally I thought it would be cool to show the finished product at the Chicago Drum Show, but if I extend the deadline I just won't have time to finish editing and rendering. If I extend the deadline, I think I'll push it to the end of May. Doing this will allow new comers, such as those at the Chicago Drum Show, to also participate. I'm cool with whatever but thought I would ask. As of right now we only have six entries, not including yours truly.

Todd Norris

Bart, if there haven't been many entries yet, then it's probably best to extend it and get folks from the drum show to join in. 

Thanks for the kind words Andy!  That was a  lot of fun!  I loved what you did in the trio segment in particular! 

Chonson

What would be rad, but totally a logistical nightmare is a special on-the-spot, man-up division: shot at the drum show. ;)

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 24, 2010, 04:33 PM
I know that some of you, those who have expressed an interest in participating, still haven't sent in your solos. Would it be best if I extended the deadline?

Originally I thought it would be cool to show the finished product at the Chicago Drum Show, but if I extend the deadline I just won't have time to finish editing and rendering. If I extend the deadline, I think I'll push it to the end of May. Doing this will allow new comers, such as those at the Chicago Drum Show, to also participate. I'm cool with whatever but thought I would ask. As of right now we only have six entries, not including yours truly.
In the middle of a remodel project. I could use another week. I haven't had time to even down load and play with it. I do have the camera to do HD. Sorry Bart.
If you have to mix it now I understand. I would love to do it this year and it is a great groove.
Nutty

Hannah Ford

Quote from: Chonson on April 24, 2010, 08:10 PM
What would be rad, but totally a logistical nightmare is a special on-the-spot, man-up division: shot at the drum show. ;)

"Man" up?   ;)

Hannah

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Hannah Ford on April 24, 2010, 09:46 PM
"Man" up?   ;)

Hannah

This coming from a young lady who hasn't sent her solo in either.  ;)

Chonson

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 24, 2010, 10:37 PM

Pardon the pronouns. Turn of phrase.

Mark Counts

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 24, 2010, 10:37 PM

Wow, no solo from Hannah... ????? I can start on mine over the next couple nights. Hannah, There was a service you used to upload yours last year  so Bart could get the very large file???
Nutty