• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

general drummer physique

Started by ADNdrumNUT, February 05, 2003, 08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nudrum

I don't see the relationship of long legs and sore biceps. If you are further from your drums, you are stretching your arms out more and using more tricep than bicep. If you are keeping your arms bent at the elbow ( playing something too close to play with extended arms) than you are using your biceps.

victor

you should of started playing jazz, you wouldnt of had that problem, dont mean to be cruel. thank god youre  17, change youre music format. get the video, buddy rich live at the top,  you might turn over to jazz.  peace,  victor.

Mark Schlipper

Quote from: victor on June 07, 2003, 06:01 PM
you should of started playing jazz, you wouldnt of had that problem, dont mean to be cruel. thank god youre  17, change youre music format. get the video, buddy rich live at the top,  you might turn over to jazz.  peace,  victor.

jazz does not make you immune to physical issues, just as playing heavy metal doesnt make physical issues inevitable.  

decent technique and care make you immune.  not having decent technique or taking care makes it inevitable.

and didnt rich have back problems? i dont get it ... didnt he play jazz?  ::)

ritarocks

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on February 13, 2003, 11:31 AM
Nobody thinks that if they've seen Dennis Chambers play.
Dennis is GOD.

ladydrummer

Quote from: mouse on February 08, 2003, 03:17 PM
Check out Mick Fleetwood!
Being tall would be great visually as your drums are most likely going to tower over the band.
Me, i'm 5'4 and i like to sit behind and project out. Sound over looks.
"Can't reach the drums", i hate playing other peoples kits because of this, bloody uncomfortable.

I know exactly what you're sayin!!  I'm 5' 1".......

And BTW just wanted to add that Mick Fleetwood rocks.... ;)

Paul DAngelo

Quote from: Ratamatatt on February 05, 2003, 09:06 AM
I think it has more to do with being 17.  Don't complain.  When you're 40 you'll be saying: "d**n I wish I had my 17 y.o. body back."  
Boy, you sure got THAT right  ;)

MOUSE

I'm 40, my body is 50 and most likely because i refused to grow up. Physically and mentally from 17 ;D