• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Vintage Gear

Started by Bart Elliott, June 01, 2002, 11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

If you own any vintage gear or instruments, tell us what you have!

To me, vintage means from the 1960's or older; preferably the older.

Peter Jeffery

This will be a bleak input, but here goes:

A Ludwig Speedmaster pedal.  Cork beater, leather strap and original red paint.  Pretty cool on my mantle.  That's all!     :-\

search64

If meant drum gear, then no. However I do own my fathers Egmond electrical guitar which I think was from 1960, it even has the old snare still on them (only 4 left though) and it still works. I heard American collectors sometimes pay ammounts between 600 and 700 dollars for a guitar in good state, so this ones probably worth 10  :D

Bart Elliott

I have a few things, but some of it is really borderline when it comes to earning the title of vintage.

• GRETSCH 4-pc Progressive Jazz d.1968 (recovered in African Bubinga)
  • KENT 5" x 14" Steel Shell Snare; 6 lug
  • LUDWIG 5" x 14" Steel Shell - Akrolite Snare; 8 lug, d. 4/24/67
  • LUDWIG 5" x 14" Stainless Steel Shell - Super Sensitive Snare; 10 lug, Pre-70's
  • LUDWIG 14" x 15" Field Drum - Stadium d.1960
  • K ZILDJIAN 16" Crash made in Instanbul
  • LEEDY 12" HiHat (bottom only) with Zils (jingles)
  • Chinese Temple Block (just one)
That's all that I can think of at the moment. I would really love to have a LUDWIG Black Beauty, and even a Billy Gladstone snare ... now that would be sweet.

Bill Asa

I have a'58 ludwig 6 lug snare drum,also a slingerland chrome over brass deep '60 something.I use it on stage alot it rocks!!My main kit 1970 ludwigs.Lovem'

Theo

I have mentioned previously. I have a 1960s Yamaha kit with a 60s Rogers Floor tom and Snare (6 lug).

I also had a 30s or 40s Radio King deep snare for awhile.. :(

nullify_drummer

:oi'm 15 and very very luck. i play a double vintage set. its a rogers, from the late 50's 14in 12 lug snare 22 bass, 13 14 16 toms. and i play a bradley from the early 50's 14in snare 20 bass and 12 13 16 toms.  :o
u can see it at my website. www.geocities.com/nullify_3/nullify_band

felix

Nope.

I have a mixing board from 1982 and a Shure Brothers SM 57 maybe late 70's.

Oh wait...yes I do!

A 1969 McIntosh 240 tube amp to run my mid fields-  it is awesome.

No drum stuff...used to have a 54 ludwig maple picolo and a 74 gretch black walnut.  I also had a really old rogers drum that sounded like a rocking chair creaking when you would give it a rimshot...I think it was from the 40's- can't remember.