• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Which do you prefer

Started by darren122, March 06, 2005, 12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darren122

HEy just wanted to know and give a explaination with it too.

felix

Out of those 5- I'd pick yamaha for some gigs and a custom drum maker (maybe a Zehner kit with Keller maple shells) for different gigs.  But I've owned all 4 of those kits and don't have anything bad to say about any of them.  They are all good companies.

buzz57

Just wondering what the basis of your poll is, darren. Are you planning on buying a kit, and seeking some kind of consensus? All of your choices are good ones, and we all have reasons for buying the brands we do, sorta like buying a car.

Paicey

It was a tough choice between Tama and Pearl for mass produced drums but from what ive experienced from Tama and i dont even use them they absolutely bend over backwards!! to help you get what you need and they make some incredible drums. Tama is always on top of things, you dont need to watch dog them. That company KNOWS what the american drummer wants more so than DW or Ludwig ever did.

Louis Russell

Quote from: felix on March 06, 2005, 06:18 PMBut I've owned all 4 of those kits and don't have anything bad to say about any of them.  

Me too!  You can't go wrong with a top of the line kit.  About the only difference will be different creature comforts.

darren122

Sorry forgot to metion that. I wanted to know because u guys have so much more exprience than i do. So i wanted to see what your prefreces was. Also could youll tell what drum manufacter is best for your style of music. I have a set a tama rockstar. Im a beginner and starting lessons wensday. Thanks so much everyone . ;D

buzz57

I have a friend who has Rockstars and he swears by 'em. Best of luck in your new interest, darren. Rock on!

tidewithbleach

pearl masters. sounds as good as any thing else cost less as long as you get a sheel pack

felix

You are fine... just give it time.  You will develop your own opinions along the way.