• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Frustrated Yamaha Live Custom owner

Started by wiredmat, February 21, 2019, 01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiredmat

Hello,

As a LiveCustom owner, I'm sure that I can speak for many of my fellow drummers who own these kits that we would have appreciated a heads up (6months to a year) that the LiveCustom Oak kits & colours were going to be discontinued. Only dealers were given this info in the fall of 2018 with no ability to order any new product. Think of all the 8" toms, 18" floor toms and second bass drums that would have been ordered, knowing that we wouldn't be able to get them in the future. Yamaha would have created a demand where there otherwise wasn't one. "Order now before they are gone forever".
    Now instead we are unable to add to our kits and Yamaha drums is unlikely to get any more of our money. Maybe Yamaha thought we'd sell our LiveCustom kits and buy this new Hybrid Live Custom?
    You missed a great opportunity to sell more drums and make your current customers happy and most likely retain them into the future.

Yamaha, we (your customers) have many choices in Drum Manufacturers who provide many different types of wood, sizes and colour options, try not to forget that when you 'Out Of The Blue' discontinue your next model.

Frustrated Yamaha Electric & Acoustic drum owner.