• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Far Cry

Started by yankeeboy13, March 27, 2007, 04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankeeboy13

What do you guys think of Rush's new single? I feel its different from their old stuff, but not in a bad way. Geddy has managed to keep his voice and Peart is well....Peart. Just because its Rush, the album will sell incredibly well, but I think it's worth my 99 cents.  Overall, I like it. It's not Spirit of the Radio, but still pretty good.

m

it feels very Vapor Trail-ish to me, with a bit of historical homage thrown in (from Hemispheres/YYZ, etc)
I hear that the producer encouraged Neil to cut loose a bit more on this album, that will be interesting to analyze.  It sounds like there's some nice little turn-arounds in Far Cry, but I hope to hear more on the album.  We'll see.

Supposedly there's 3 instrumentals this time around.  That's interesting~

nridgedrummer

I personally like it. But it sucks because it always comes on the radio right before I pull into my driveway and I have to get out. So then I just go to their site and listen to it there  ;D. It does get a little repetitive towards the end but that's ok because the rest of the song is so good. I can't wait to hear the actual album because everyone knows the singles are usually the worst songs on the disc. So if this song is that good imagine how amazing the rest of it is.

NickC425

I think it is one of the best songs out of them since Test For Echo (an album I really enjoy). The recording of the CD is wonderful. The recording of Vapor Trails... not so wonderful. As for the musicality, I am not too impressed. Rush always has gone with what is "in" to an extent...but that is Rush (still wonderful musicians). Sure there are strange hemiolas and odd times, but nothing too hard to figure out like, for example, "Cyngus X-1." Overall I love the song and know Mr. Pratt is not the greatest drummer in the world, but he still is my favorite. :)