• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

MacMinds ...help!!

Started by Michael Beechey, June 04, 2015, 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Beechey

Attn MacMinds

well....this is ironic.....

having cursed MS/BS since DOS days I finally purchased this used Macbook Pro 2011, i7...Yosemite....booted fine at seller's house...he wiped the OS so it then booted to the screen asking to reinstall OS...all is happiness

got it home and now GSOD, Grey screen of Death which is a kinder gentler version of the garish BSOD. Has a prohibited entry symbol. No peripherals attached, no ethernet attached...ethernet attached gives same result. Power cable detached...same

Won't Safe Boot, Safe Boot Verbose gives a long list of MacSpeak, which as a first time user doesn't mean a lot to me... but doesn't boot, bios reset doesn't work....the only thing I get is some dings and said grey screen...thanks a lot Uncle Steve(!)

just before i slink back with my tail between my legs to confess my sins to Father Bill and beg to be restored back in his flock....Help?

Thanks in advance to my savior(s)!    btw  have posted to mac user forum

Michael Beechey

call off the dogs...after a whole bunch of research I finally called the mac store...booted to recovery (Command R) reinstalled OS and ...voila a working mac!..I hereby erase from the universe all the nasty thoughts about uncle Steve

Bart Elliott

Glad you resolved your issue. I'm not a Mac guy, so couldn't really help you.

Michael Beechey

Quote from: Bart Elliott on June 04, 2015, 03:44 PM
Glad you resolved your issue. I'm not a Mac guy, so couldn't really help you.

thanks..and congrats again on your persistence and service....I'm not a mac guy either, but my band is...and the main man needs help understanding how to use garage band....so anyway...it's good for the brain, like learning a foreign language