• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

My Conga Is Stuck! Help!

Started by Ruddy De Leon, March 17, 2015, 04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruddy De Leon

Heya!
Long time reader, first time poster.
I am having a problem with my conga drum...
Through my playing, the conga has gotten stuck in the holder.
I am without a helping hand, currently. I have tried and tried to remove it by myself, seems like a 2 person job...
Anyone ever been in a similar situation?

I am thinking of trying cooking oil, but before I attract bugs I thought I'd ask ye kind people here.

Any tips on how to get the drum loose?
Would appreciate the help!
Thank ye, in advance!  =-)

Bart Elliott

If I understand your situation correctly, I would recommend liquid soap ... like Dawn. It's environmentally friendly, won't attract bugs, and won't leave a long-term residue.

I would start with just a little application around the entire drum where the instrument meets the stand/holder.

Let me know if that works!

Chip Donaho

Barts suggestions are good. I've been through this problem and I would have another person grab the bottom stand while you slowly wiggle it loose. Don't let it sit with soap too long or the soap will dry and glue it too the stand. Grab the stand and wiggle it loose while pulling it upward.  ;)

Ruddy De Leon

Thanks, dudes!
I will have to wait until I get a 2nd person, then, to help wiggle 'Araksya' loose. Spirits and ghosts aren't the best for helping in those situations. Y'know?
(Yes, I named my conga.)

Appreciate the response, I thought I'd have a more difficult time getting noticed.
Happy rockin'!

Trey Yancy

Use paraffin wax, such as candle wax. Dishwashing liquid? No way. Sticky gooey mess.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Trey Yancy on August 13, 2019, 08:20 AM
Use paraffin wax, such as candle wax. Dishwashing liquid? No way. Sticky gooey mess.

A little dishwashing liquid, like Dawn, is not a sticky, gooey mess.  ;D

Wax of any type is going to be a far great "mess". Good luck trying to get that to work it's way between the two stuck surfaces. The wax will harden up very quickly... even if it could make it in there.

An oil or soap is a better lubricant... and a little goes a long way.