• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Thumbs Up for Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything"

Started by jokerjkny, October 26, 2005, 07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jokerjkny

myself and my two other housemates enjoyed it very much... :P

Stewart Manley

Hmm. One person seems to eat really well, but the other two only seem to get a plate of rice. That hardly seems fair.

Hummada

@$%# that looks good :o

What kind of seasoning did you use on the tater wedges?

And I see that you brought your stick bag to the dinner table for under,over,and around the table drumming.  

Are those chopsticks?  You could play the set with those or you could conduct a band.

jokerjkny

Quote from: Hummada on October 27, 2005, 07:47 AM
(...)
What kind of seasoning did you use on the tater wedges?
(...)

those are sweet potatoes w/ some C. Stubbs BBQ sauce.  first had 'em in memphis (austin?) and they darn knocked me out.  8)  as for the rice, its leftovers from the chinese takeout we had the day before.

and those chopsticks are from the same place, and have been sitting out for the last week or so!  think we should really throw them out or somethin'... :P

smoggrocks

mmmm, looks tasty. did you gnaw on the carcass?

it's lovely seeing guys cook! definitely a step up from "A Man, A Can, A Plan: 50 Great Guy Meals Even You Can Make"

last i saw the book was merchandised with the requisite can opener as well.

Riker

jokerjkny

Quote from: smoggrocks on October 31, 2005, 10:29 AM
mmmm, looks tasty. did you gnaw on the carcass?(...)

hehe,

sorta... ;)  saved it for a stock i made a few days later.

btw, just picked up this book, too:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0786866179/qid=1130893350/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-6713893-1802505?v=glance&s=books&n=507846]

my gf got me into his earlier cooking show of the same name a few years back, cause the food he made seemed SOO easy to make.  i usually hunt for his ideas on foodtv.com, and pretty much tried most of them, so figured getting his book wouldnt hurt.