• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neaty

New ish.....

I have been a member since back end of last year and have posted on a few things but never formally introduced myself.

My name is Paul, I am 21 and from Preston in Lancashire (United Kingdom)
I have been playing properly since June 2007 when I got my first and current drum kit (Pearl Forum). Fairly recently I got myself a pack of Zildjian cymbals and more recently, Remo heads.

I play mainly rock stuff, with a bit of funk.

Nice to meet you all

J Spangles

Hello Peep's
Just getting the passion back after a long,long layoff and I came across this forum and very glad I am too.   I'm very pleased to meet you all....so to speak. 
Anyway, before I logged on I was looking at a thread about soundproofing one's apartment and now the forum seems to have changed it's format somewhat and I can't find it. Forgive me if I'm doing something obviously dumb, I have had very little sleep in the last week and I'm having a tough time concentrating.
It was in a section called "Tips and tricks", right above one called "Acoustic drums",  I think!
Thanks.
Spangles.

NY Frank

Just making my way back to this thread.

Welcome to all the newcomers.

I'm at about the 1 year mark at this forum.  You just found
the best drum forum on the planet.

dsalvage

Hi all.
I have been a member here for a about a year, but haven't visited the forums much.
I'm very glad to see there is a drum building forum here.
I have been at Ghostnote for a while.
I see Vaughncraft and Unix are here, great stuff!
I look forward to getting to know you guys.

Louis Russell

Welcome to all the new people.  If you love this place one tenth as much as I do you are in for one great time. 

AaronB

Hello All,

My name is Aaron Butler, I'm 23 been playing drums for a little over 10 years. I finished my BM in Percussion Performance about almost a year ago and I'm now trying to figure out what grad school I would like to go to.

I guess I'm somewhat of a refugee from the cymbalholic forum, but this place seems like it'll fill the void nicely.

Looking forward to conversing with you all,
Aaron

felix

So glad you are here.  This place really needs you guys.

IronCobra

Greetings one and all...  I was once a member a long time ago and now returning...  Err...  Reincarnating?  LOL  Anyways...  The site and forum look awesome!

I drifted away from many things for personal reasons, but look to return and get back to basics.  Mister Acrolite might remember me, it is I; the same IronCobra with the "Cobra Pit."  LOL  Great to see you still here, man...

Take care

--John

danielkostenko

Hey everybody. My name is Daniel Kostenko. I am 7 years old and live in Auburn Washington. My artist development manager Ken found this site and thought it would be cool to join. So here I am! I've been playing for 5 years and am a fan of classic rock. I take lessons from Andrew Rudd and my band is the Paul Green School of Rock Seattle. I play a Premier kit. I have a website if you would like to know more about me. http://www.danielkostenko.com

Daniel Kostenko

Ray Santovasi

I'm New Here ... Ray Santovasi from Wolcott, CT!
Check me out at www.raysantovasi.com for more info...

Great site for drummers. I am happy I checked it out. (I got word from Billy Kilson about it, I am working on the new DVD with him doing the transcriptions and text for the book to accompany it!

Ray

PremierPlayer

Hello drummer peoples. I play blues/rock, own one drumset, and more cymbals than I really need.
I repair damaged cymbals, create one off Idiophones and sculpt trinkets from damaged cymbals.
I tell ya' it's nice to be a 'copper' member here, 20% tin and trace amounts of silver and I'll B20  ;D

thanks for the invite, looks like a very professional place

Lurk...

Cris hAND

Hello All,

My names Cris, I'm 18 and I've been drumming for 7 years, I own only 1 kit, Mapex M Birch, fairly basic set up but do enjoy my effect cymbals,

I'm from a UK based band known as hAND (harmonic Assesment of Negative Dialogue (( we came up with the name before the meaning, tee hee))) I'm trying to bring back the lost art of Prog Rock. Check us out at www.handtheband.com.

Nice introducing myself to you lovely drummy folks
Love Love
C x

Patrick Quigley

Welcome Cris, Hopefully you'll enjoy the community here. There are some EXTREMELY knowledgeable individuals here, but the power of the collective is what amazes me.  Post early, post often.  Its good to see you here.

TUNELOW

Hola everyone, I am Jim and addicted to this site already.  Been on-line about a week now and a VIP for a day.  Lovin all that I have seen and really am impressed with the knowledge level and variety of posting topics from all of you.  Bart is the man, glad to be a part of it and thank you for the warm welcome.....I have played a number of different kits in the past but have a passion for SONOR.  Play all different genres of music but have a passion for the blues, jazz fusion, and smooth jazz.  I am currently playing in a band called Daddy'z Breakdown out of Grand Rapids, MI.. We have been together for about 4 months, playin out already and have 2 big festivals lined up so far for this summer.  We are playing a combo of originals and rearranged covers, but not the normal covers.  Love playin and hope to continue playin until it is no longer physically possible.

Patrick Quigley

Quote from: TUNELOW on May 26, 2008, 11:57 AM
  I am currently playing in a band called Daddy'z Breakdown out of Grand Rapids, MI..

Welcome!  This really is a great place.  I'm from just over the border in Elkhart, IN and I play Grand Rapids quite a bit.  We're playing Skelletones on Saturday night!

TUNELOW

Would have loved to check you at Skeletones, had to work all weekend anyway.  How was the new kit......

Todd Norris

Hey, I just wanted to give a shout to my friend Bryon Holley who just signed up as Btrainmusic!  He's a kick butt drummer in LA who I've had the pleasure of reconnecting with recently.  I'll let him tell you what he's up to.  Welcome Bryon!    ;D 

Drumhead Sam

Named Sam. Live in Winston Salem N Carolina. started playing drums in my freshman year of high school and that was like way back in 01. havent been playing much really lately, no band, not much of a music scene in winston salem. and I prefer to not play any rock or metal. but despite lack of any serious playing lately, I still enjoy to get out and hit the skins everynow and then. got a couple of kits. A DW collectors six pieces for graduation, a RMV kit that I bought with bar mitzvah money, and an old premier three piece shell pack I traded a double pedal for. k customs for cymbals.

Chip Donaho

Welcome to the DC group fellow drummers.   8)
I've been to Reidsville, N.Carolina a few times. Went there for motocross qualifiers for National Championship racing. Loved it there....   :)

Louis Russell

Quote from: Drumhead Sam on June 12, 2008, 10:12 AMstarted playing drums in my freshman year of high school and that was like way back in 01.

Now you are making me feel old.  I was a high school freshman way back in 1963!  ;D   Welcome to the Drummer Cafe.  You will love it here.