• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Anyone Play Video Games Here?

Started by Anotherdrummer, November 20, 2006, 06:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xdrummer2000

I'm a major Zelda fan, so I can't wait to get Twilight Princess. Read my signature as well. That's a quote from one of the better Zelda games.

Danno

Quote from: Drumlooney on November 29, 2006, 09:45 AM
I'm a sports game junkie, I have always been, I have almost every game counsel you can name and I will be getting a PS3 soon.  Anyone up for a game of Madden, LOL.

I was so hooked on a PC racing game a while back (Nascar Heat) that I bought a Microsoft steering wheel and pedal board for it. I don't even watch Nascar - it was just SO MUCH FUN driving those cars around.

It still amazes me that you can have great games right on your home computer and play them whenever the hell you want. Twenty years ago I dumped countless quarters down Asteroids' coin slot - things have really changed.

AdamBlevins

I'm a lifelong gamer (I have fond memories of my Ataris...I've owned the 2600, 7800, 800 XL and 520 ST).

By brother is more hardcore than I am, he currently owns every major system since the NES (except for the Jaguar, Neo-Geo, 32-X and PS3).  I bought him a Wii for a wedding gift (it was on his gift registry  ::) ) and that thing is incredible.  I bought him the Zelda game and it came with Wii sports, which is a whole lot better than I thought it would be.

We had a Wii bowling tournament at my parents' house for Thanksgiving.  You actually "bowl" with the controller and the way you bowl in real life is how you bowl in the game.

I've seen a couple of posts expressing concerns of children gaming instead of exercising.  One of my favorite games is Dance, Dance Revolution.  This game is highly addictive and you don't even realize you're exercising.  The day after I got this game, my body was so sore I could hardly move.  I didn't track my weight after I bought it, but my brother lost 13 pounds in the first week he had it.  Of course...we were still had no tan...but we were in better shape than we would be sitting on the couch playing Unreal:  Tournament.

yankeeboy13

Quote from: xdrummer2000 on November 29, 2006, 11:05 PM
I'm a major Zelda fan, so I can't wait to get Twilight Princess. Read my signature as well. That's a quote from one of the better Zelda games.

I have twilight princess for the wii, its awesome stuff. a lot of similarities to ocarina of time, but  much different at the same time.

and i noticed that quote of yours before...i really like it