• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Concert Excitement

Started by amoacristo, March 28, 2007, 11:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amoacristo

My sister is taking me tomorrow to the House of Blues in Chicago to see Taylor Hicks. I am excited. I've never been to the House of Blues. I'm excited to see Taylor also. I like his music. Anyone else from the DC going?

Danno

amoacristo

Quote from: Danno on March 31, 2007, 02:58 AM
How was he?

He was great and so was his band. I'm not real sure right now who was in his band, but there was plenty of time given for the musicians to show off. They were great. I was so tired from standing so long by the time Taylor came out. He was so good that I completely forgot about how tired I was until he was through. He is a great performer. The first song had a bass solo in it. I knew it was going to be a great night after that. A bass solo in the first song, and the bass player killed. Could be the best concert I've ever been to.

MVanDoren1

Instaed of concert excitement, how about some concert jealousy.  A friend of my wifes up and offers her a free ticket to BB King last Friday night.  The day before she asked me if it would be OK (child care issues to work out- not that she needs my permission...) and I looked at her and said she HAD to go.  Not every day anyone gets the chance to see a legend perform.  He apparently had a top notch- true 100% class act.  I was at work when she got home and she had to call me to tell me about it- I heard more the next morning too, man I would have loved to have been there

Danno

Quote from: amoacristo on March 31, 2007, 07:36 AM
He was great and so was his band. I'm not real sure right now who was in his band, but there was plenty of time given for the musicians to show off...

Cool! I'm a big Taylor fan (my wife too). Glad to hear it's a great show...I figured he'd hook up with real musicians if any American Idol would. Hope they swing by here.