• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

FREE Drum Circle in Southern California April 28th 2007

Started by yesdannysback, April 14, 2007, 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yesdannysback

I don't know if any of you are local but here goes anyways
I am hosting a drum circle at my house on Saturday April 28th from 2pm - 5pm (maybe longer) It is going to be a pot-luck style, (for you younger guys that does not mean there will be pot there) everyone is bringing something to grub on. Everyone would of course need to bring their own favorite percussion/hand drums and we will have a good time rockin out. Great learning opportunity for everyone involved.

Fontana California  apprx 40 miles east of Los Angeles 
Where the 10 and 15 freeway meet

PM me for my address if you would like to join us

Everyone is invited, both self taught, formally educated musicians, and those of us in between:-X

yesdannysback

I just wanted to let everyone know everyone had a good time at the drum circle over the weekend. We ended up with about 8 people total which is not bad for our first time around. I will say that my hands still hurt, but it was worth it. We ended up having 2 sets of congas, bongos, 2 djembes, as well as a bunch of other percussion pieces like the tambourine, triangle, bells, wood blocks, shakers, etc. Towards the end, we took everything outside to my garage studio and plugged in a bass and guitar (my roommates) and just jammed for a little while as a group. All the neighborhood kids came out and watched us for a while; it was great.
We are going to start doing this once every other month, so maybe some of you will want to join us eventually. Its a great opportunity to meet other musicians and play on percussion pieces you normally wouldnt get a chance to play.