• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

THE Best Band in the WORLD!!1oneone

Started by Anthony Manning-Franklin, April 03, 2008, 10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

felix

1 min of my life gone

Those guys suck

xdrummer2000

Quote from: felix on April 03, 2008, 08:07 PM
1 min of my life gone

Those guys suck

I agree. My *main* problem was that I couldn't understand a word the singer was saying! I didn't make it all the way through either video. Sorry to sound so critical. :(

BTW, Anybody notice that the drummer had Remo Pinstripes for resonant heads?

Anthony Manning-Franklin

Hehe they're great. I mean c'mon. We've all been there at some point in our career/hobbyness. Out of key guitars and bass. A vocalist that doesn't actually understand what singing is meant to be like (if you listen to their other songs he does the same thing in every one of them, rushing a bunch of words together then holding the last word of the sentence and sliding up and down, like hte song "dreaming"... IwokeuponemorningandrealisedIwas DDDDRRREEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMIIIIINNNGGG!"

and then the drummer, constantly just playing incidental stuff, like one big fill cut up and randomly thrown around in the song. It's pretty much identical to my first gig, minus the out of key guitar/bass and vocals.

I love the fact that they somehow made a song that seems to only have one line last 7 minutes!

My first band did pretty much the same thing, we had a 7 minute song that was 3 chorus's, 3 verses, and then a bunch of different riffs stuck together at the end that could have been a prog song in itself.

Few great lines from the interview though. "We all just decided we want to do our own thing, like those bands from the 60's and 70's."

"Yeah the band members initials, are in the name, because our name, is our bands initials, of our members"

bolweevil

Whew...

The best part is the woman dancing about 1:10 into it.  I don't how she was dancing to this song--maybe they spliced in somebody from a different club, watching a different band.

That was a show-stopper, I guess  ::).

Bart Elliott

That sounded INCOMPLETE.  ;D

I've actually played that show in Fort Worth years ago with some band that I can't even remember. When I was there the crowd was about the same.  ???

The interview was hilarious.

amoacristo

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 04, 2008, 09:11 AM
The interview was hilarious.

I didn't even bother listening to the interview the first time around. I only listened for a short time to the music and quit. That interview was absolutely hilarious. They are funny guys.

paul

I like that by eliminating melody entirely, they've eschewed any connection between lyrics and music.  That frees everyone up to play without regard for what else is going on.  Great stuff.  Can't wait for their cd.

agogobil

Close enough for jazz.

Can't wait to hear them on the ECM label.

Edward Rowedda

Maybe they spiked the punch with acid?