• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Exciting News!

Started by Hannah Ford, April 11, 2008, 01:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Ford

Hello everyone,

I hope all has been going well for all of my DC family. Things are going great for me and I couldn't be more excited about the future!

I'm finishing my senior year and will graduate from high school on May 31st. I'm told that this is when one chapter comes to an end and another one will begin. That's the main reason I'm posting this here today.

So many of you have written, called and sent messages wondering about my plans after high school. After a lot of investigation and careful consideration of many schools I narrowed my choices down to two, Berklee College of Music in Boston and The Chicago College of Performing Arts, Music Conservatory.

This past March I auditioned for both schools.  It was so much fun and the whole audition experience for both of these great schools was unbelievable! My Dad and I spent some sleepless nights trying to decide which one I should choose, and of course which one might or might not choose me.

Well, after much deliberation, the decision has been made! Starting next September I will be attending The Chicago School of Performing Arts, Music Conservatory in the Jazz Studies program under the direction of Paul Wertico and with a generous scholarship!!

I've grown up in Chicago. I have my own "working" band, a wonderful rehearsal space, the support of friends and family and now I can begin to work toward establishing myself as a serious professional player, too. In short, I love it here and really didn't want to leave.

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your support over the past couple of years and how much I'm looking forward to continuing to grow our friendships as I enter into this new chapter of my life.

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

diddle

Fantastic, Hanna !!  I know you will do well there.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Bart Elliott

Congratulations Hannah!

I know that your decision has come with a lot of time and energy. I personally think that your choice to remain in Chicago, continuing to build on what you've already established, was a wise decision.

Hannah Ford

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 11, 2008, 05:15 AM
Congratulations Hannah!

I know that your decision has come with a lot of time and energy. I personally think that your choice to remain in Chicago, continuing to build on what you've already established, was a wise decision.

Thank you Bart,

When I say Dad and I had sleepless nights I'm not kidding!  lol

Turning down the scholarship offer from Berklee was a little uncomfortable at the time. Now that everything is set I couldn't be more excited! 

I really want to focus on my jazz chops and who else is better to work with on a regular basis than Paul Wertico?

Plus, as you and I have discussed, I get to continue to gig around the Chicago area and beyond with my band and my Peace Love & Drums Show.

Life is good...

Hannah

felix

Quote from: Bart Elliott on April 11, 2008, 05:15 AM
Congratulations Hannah!

Awesome.  You will do well.

Hannah Ford

Quote from: felix on April 11, 2008, 10:47 AM
Awesome.  You will do well.

Thank you Felix!!

Hannah

Hannah Ford

Quote from: diddle on April 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
Fantastic, Hanna !!  I know you will do well there.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks Diddle!

I'm really looking forward to it!

Hannah

Anthony Manning-Franklin

Chip Donaho

That's great Hannah. I'm quite sure it was a tough choice. I've had friends who went to Berklee. I've also met people who went to other very good schools. They were all good in their own way. The school doesn't matter as much as the person doing the study work. It still comes down to that person in the end, no matter where they went. Thanks for getting back with us. I'm very happy for both you and your Dad. I'm sure he's thrilled to have you closer to home.  8)

NY Frank

Fantastic, Hannah.

I know a great deal of energy went into it all.

I also think this is very cool:

> I really want to focus on my jazz chops and who else is better to work with on a
> regular basis than Paul Wertico?

Folks, our young Hannah gets modest at times, and you may not have seen
all the clips I have seen, but trust me - this young lady can swing with a ton
of energy and poise. 

Let me know when you go on tour with Diana Krall.

8)

Hannah Ford

Quote from: New York Frank on April 11, 2008, 01:06 PM
Fantastic, Hannah.

I know a great deal of energy went into it all.

I also think this is very cool:

> I really want to focus on my jazz chops and who else is better to work with on a
> regular basis than Paul Wertico?

Folks, our young Hannah gets modest at times, and you may not have seen
all the clips I have seen, but trust me - this young lady can swing with a ton
of energy and poise. 

Let me know when you go on tour with Diana Krall.

8)

Thank you Frank for the kind words.   :)

I love playing jazz and just feel like the better jazz player I can become will help other aspects of my playing too.  I've been told since I was 7 if I wanted to work I needed to be versatile.  That's why I work on my Latin hands, jazz, rock even concert percussion. 

I find it all helps what I do most and that's rock drumming. (at the moment)

Frank I appreciate your compliments on the jazz video you saw.  Hopefully there will be more jazz coming soon.  I truly do love it.

Hannah