• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I think my favorite item in the Drummer Cafe is...

Started by smoggrocks, November 03, 2005, 04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoggrocks

the "rotating" drummer quotes at the top of the page. they're always filled with wisdom and insight. certainly more profound than my "Preserve Wildlife, Throw a Party!" mantra. ::)

;D

keep 'em coming, Bart!

Danno

I just think the whole thing is amazing. I've learned SO much. When I drummed back in the 70s and 80s I didn't really know how to tune my drums, I didn't know there were any cymbals other than Zildjians, I just bought whatever sticks/pedals/heads were available locally, I played on a crummy steel snare for 8 years without realizing there were options -- so much stuff I had no idea about. I got on this Cafe about a year and a half ago and learned pretty much everything I wanted to learn about my drums.

I've got great equipment now, I can tune my drums finally, I own a snare that sounds like a snare, etc. All because of Bart, Drummer Cafe, and all of you.

My favorite part of Drummer Cafe itself is the forum.

JeepnDrummer

Tony

Quote from: JeepnDrummer on November 07, 2005, 05:18 AM
...the quality of the people!   :)

I'll second that!  Due to the people here, I have grown exponentially as a player and a person.  And James Walker sold me some maple hoops real cheap that have been the best piece of "indulgence" gear I've ever bought!

DRWM

Quote from: JeepnDrummer on November 07, 2005, 05:18 AM
...the quality of the people!   :)

I'd like to add, the quality of the information shared.

SteveR

Agree with Danno's post pretty much word-for-word.  

I can't tell you how much I've learned reading this site.  Every time I buy something, I won't buy it until I do a 'search' here and check out what people here have to say about it.  I trust the opinions of DC members more than any other 'review' I read.

I also love the laid-back and helpful attitude displayed by everyone here.  There's never any 'flaming' like at other forums.  That has a lot to do with Bart and Mr A moderating and I'm thankful for it.  

Dave Heim

The advice is always helpful, and I've learned a lot here.  But for me, it's the sense of camaraderie that makes this such a good place.  Even though I've only met a few DCers in person, I feel I have a good group of friends here.

felix

My favorite item is/are all the items combined that continue to make me grow as a player.  Even when I'm not actually on the drums, I can come here and get my head together on where I want to go and what I want to do as a drummer.

Plus hanging out here sure beats working!

RHSquonk

Its hard to narrow it down to just one thing.
I am in agreement with allot of the others however that the community and the info are a huge part of whats makes this just a smokin forum.
I would also have to add the humour here helps me allot during the day as well.

I have had days when I am ready to ring someones neck and posts like this;

"I'd rather be playing to a blue haired widow with a poodle sewn on her skirt than a big sweaty punk that looks like they got hit in the face with a tackle box." - felix

Make me laugh out loud and suddenly things aren't as bad as I thought they were.

so I guess there's also a sort of "therapy quotient" going on  here as well.

bottom line..

DC Roolz like Ozzy!

-RHS

Todd Norris

Can't say it any better than these previous posts so I'll just reiterate:  

Great people:  I feel like I know a lot of you!
Classy:  Bart keeps it clean and professional.
Great information.  I've learned a ton!  
And a good laugh now and again!  

Mister Acrolite

I like the Cafe's Secret Lounge with the free beer and supermodel masseuses.

Oops - was I not supposed to let people know about that?

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on November 07, 2005, 05:50 PM

Well ... we all now know who can't keep a secret! Great ... just great.

;)

Ranman

free beer  :P supermodel masseuses  :-* There has to be that Secret Lounge Link around here somewhere  :'(

SteveR

I like the Cafe's Secret Lounge with the free beer and supermodel masseuses.[/sub]
Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode.  Is this place by chance in an old meat packing plant?

Danno

I wouldn't call them supermodels. Models, yeah, but let's not exaggerate.

DWdrmr

How do I get one of those VIP thingies??.....Hmmm,sounds better and better. Seriously, all of the things listed above. I started looking for a forum a couple months ago when I got another computer..went to a few,stumbled in here. First thing I noticed was the volumes of real life experiences and advice that rang true. The 5 min lessons..good stuff. This place makes me think and sometimes get out of myself. Then I started looking into who was running/ contributing to the forum. Quite a few very impressive credentials in here. I've met some really nice people. But not only that,even tho I've made some dumb posts, I've never been flamed...or even chastised...by ANYONE. It's a really good place IMHO. And that's all I got to say about that.

Louis Russell

My favorite part of the Drummer Cafe is the extra work Bart does to make this a great place to hang.  You could bet your last cowbell that I would not have had the energy to post videos each day from PASIC!  The videos were great to watch and helped ease the pain of not being able to be there is person.  Thank you Bart for all your hard work!

Brett Sheaffer

Quote from: Louis on November 08, 2005, 06:17 PM
My favorite part of the Drummer Cafe is the extra work Bart does to make this a great place to hang.  You could bet your last cowbell that I would not have had the energy to post videos each day from PASIC!  The videos were great to watch and helped ease the pain of not being able to be there is person.  Thank you Bart for all your hard work!

Honestly Louis, I don't know how he does it either.  I was there with him, and long after I had hit the hay, he was editing and uploading video.  Dedication!

Roger Beverage

I can't pick a favorite. I start the day with my first cup of coffee, checking out what the nightowls and folks across the sea may have posted in all the categories.  The site gets checked out whem I come home and before I go to bed.  If I can't sleep, then I'm back.  I miss the chatroom.

Thank you Bart.

Roger

LaelsMom

I like that my daughter can read valuable topics in the forums without having to wade through tons stupid stuff.  I like it that the forums aren't ego-infested.  For the most part, the biggest unwritten rules seem to be:
1.  Be nice
2.  Be helpful
3.  Be humble

I also LOVE that the members are nice to ME, a non-musician!

Louis Russell

Quote from: LaelsMom on November 19, 2005, 10:38 AM
a non-musician!

Is that another drummer joke?   ;D ;D

Anyone who loves drums, or drummers must be an ok person, especially one who supports their children's interest.  

Todd Norris

Quote from: Louis on November 19, 2005, 03:24 PM

Anyone who loves drums, or drummers must be an ok person, especially one who supports their children's interest.  

I couldn't have said it better myself Louis!  

Ian

Quote from: LaelsMom on November 19, 2005, 10:38 AM
For the most part, the biggest unwritten rules seem to be:

Argh! You wrote down the unwritten rules! We're all doomed!
;D