• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Sweet new Holiday Album

Started by psycht, November 26, 2005, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psycht

If you have Itunes or if you want to use Amazon.com...

Search for HOLIDAY LOUNGE. Its a very cool (IMO) new take on holiday classics performed by Bing Crosby, Mel Torme, Rosemarey Clooney, etc...

You really need to hear it to know what I mean, but take a holiday classic and remix it with a lounge feel.

Go ahead give it a listen.

(I recommend Happy Holidays, Baby Its Cold Outside, & Dance Of the Sugar Plum Fairy   ;D ;D

paul

Get Diana Krall's Christmas album.  Great arrangements, great band, excellent singer with great style.  Prime stuff.

Mister Acrolite

Quote from: paul on November 26, 2005, 10:47 AM
Get Diana Krall's Christmas album.  Great arrangements, great band, excellent singer with great style.  Prime stuff.

Ooh - I didn't know she had a full-length Christmas album out - just ordered it!

I can't find a CD called Holiday Lounge, by the way.   :-\

Bart Elliott

Be sure to check out Billy Ward on Joan Osborne's new Christmas CD  http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=2181&sourceid=40906838&bfpid=0603777800622&bfmtype=music]Christmas Means Love , exclusively at  http://service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=2181&sourceid=40906838&categoryid=gate]Barnes & Noble . It's all blues baby!

This is the album Billy talks about in my video interview with him ... available in the VIP Lounge.

paul

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on November 26, 2005, 11:07 AM
I can't find a CD called Holiday Lounge, by the way.   :-\

I think what he was talking about is a disc called "Christmas Cocktails - Ultra Lounge."  There are also "Christmas Cocktails - Volumes 2 and 3" available.  Try Barnes & Noble.  That's where I found them.

I'd also recommend "Hipsters Holiday," with a lot of classic blues and early R&B artists.  Nice stuff.

There are also some really good jazz holiday discs, most of which I have on my shelves.  The Blue Note ones are particularly good.

Also, my big band, Pecos River Brass, has just released its own Christmas cd, with a very cool (IMO) arrangement of Little Drummer Boy included.  Pick it up at www.pecosriverbrass.com/band/
:)

psycht