• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drummer Cafe Coffee Mugs

Started by Bart Elliott, June 02, 2009, 09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Susan Wood

Put 11 oz. in a 16 oz. mug? Gee, I never would have thought of that on my own! Must be a gal thing. ::)

Jon E

QuoteFYI ... you don't have to fill the 16oz mug full; just put 11oz worth of beverage in there.
Reminds me of......

"Sir, would you like your pizza cut into 6 or 8 slices?"

"Better make it 6.  I don't think I can eat 8."

DrumDude

Bart Elliott

Quote from: DrumDude on June 28, 2009, 06:54 PM
how much are they?

I don't know exactly just yet until I get these new ones made. Unfortunately I've run into some problems with my mug choice and the logo. That particular mug can only have spot colors, not an actual color graphic. That means no drumstick or shadowing/gradient, which the logo has. So I'm still working on it. I have to find a mug that is more evenly shaped (aka boring), or agree to have the graphic only be solid color lettering and no drumstick.

I'm planning to find a mug that I can sell for $18 or less ... assuming I have the full graphic.

Todd Norris

I prefer the straight down mug anyway.  Don't need no fancy curvy stuff! 

You can never have too many mugs in the house (or the office.)  :-)

Larry Rankine

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Drumwood on July 22, 2009, 05:42 AM
Any updates on this yet?

I'm still a little stuck in that the mug shapes I like can't handle full color or aren't dishwasher safe. I've learned, through my research, that a lot of mugs aren't dishwasher safe! A lot of people buy the mugs and give them away, so they don't care if the colors last or not.  :-\

I've been working with the logo, seeing if I like it with "spot colors" ... which I don't. I want the graphic to look like the logo, shadows and all.

I'm schedule is such that I'm not going to be able to tackle this again for another week ... but it is high on my To-Do List.

Thanks for asking and voting!

Larry Rankine

Thanks for the quick reply Bart!  I'm with you on sticking with the logo in all it's colors/shadings.  ;D

Mark Counts

I want one 8). I like big cups. Ones that holds a half pot of Strong Star bucks Coffee ;D.
Add a little Sugar and Hazel Nut Creamer :o, and pow, Wake UP!! :o.
That is what happened when I quit drinking Alcohol :-\. Coffee and Chocolate :P.
Going to be nothin' like the feeling of drinking coffee in a 1st Class Drummer Cafe' Mug ;).
        Nutty

NY Frank

I'm gonna fill my mug up with - Dunkin Donuts or McDonalds coffee.

[Believe it or not, McDonalds coffee ain't half bad.]

Chip Donaho

Quote from: New York Frank on July 22, 2009, 12:51 PM
You can thank me for that. I worked at one part time while in the Army Band in the '60's. I bitched to the manager about their coffee daily. He finally went to the big shots about it. It was then they changed it. It only took them 40 yrs. to get it right. Don't go into a McDonalds looking for a job and tell them you're a drummer. I'm probably the reason why they don't hire many.  :D

Larry Rankine

Quote from: drumnut1 on July 22, 2009, 10:35 AM
I want one 8). I like big cups. Ones that holds a half pot of Strong Star bucks Coffee ;D.
Add a little Sugar and Hazel Nut Creamer :o, and pow, Wake UP!! :o.
That is what happened when I quit drinking Alcohol :-\. Coffee and Chocolate :P.
Going to be nothin' like the feeling of drinking coffee in a 1st Class Drummer Cafe' Mug ;).
        Nutty

I second that emotion!  Although I haven't given up endulging in adult beverages, coffee is my 2nd favorite!  And for those of you who still imbibe,  give a good (key word here) Cabernet Savignon a try with chocolate............ it's almost ethereal!   ;)

lrac3

drummer+coffee=happy drummer ;D

I personally dig the white mugs myself.  Gets all stained up...gives it character! Maybe I'm just filthy like that.

NY Frank

Quote from: lrac3 on July 22, 2009, 07:11 PM
I personally dig the white mugs myself.  Gets all stained up...gives it character! Maybe I'm just filthy like that.

I'm like that, too.  Including with -  my instruments.  I don't like everything perfect.  Some scuffs/dings
add character.  It shows it's an instrument that actually gets played instead of just polished.   :)

Dave Heim

Quote from: New York Frank on July 22, 2009, 12:51 PM

Agreed.  And now it has zero trans fat!  :)

Louis Russell

I like the black 16 best but the stainless would suit me better.  I will purchase a couple of whatever you come up with Bart.

William Leslie

16 oz. Black works for me. Now I realize what i'm missing tonight. Excuse me while I get a fill up.

Gregg Rivers

This thread has motivated me to go grind some beans at 4 in the afternoon! Oh and I agree that McDonald's coffee is pretty good! It use to be the worst! *grind, grind* *brew, brew* *sniff, sniff* *sip, sip* ahhhhh! ;)

Hank Gagnon

the black ceramic mug looks nice. 11oz. is good by me.

Susan Wood

Are the mugs available?Did I miss something? 8)