• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards

Started by Bart Elliott, February 03, 2011, 11:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

The Academy of Country Music is announcing nominations for the Musician/Bandleader/Instrumentalist (MBI) and Industry Awards categories, which, due to time constraints, are not televised during the 46th ANNUAL ACADEMY OF COUNTRY MUSIC AWARDS. These awards are presented to honorees at ACM Honors, an annual event held in Nashville in the fall.

TOP PERCUSSIONIST/DRUMMER OF THE YEAR

Eddie Bayers

Chad Cromwell

Paul Leim

Chris McHugh

Greg Morrow

Quote... due to time constraints

Please.  ::)   For once I'd like the world to see those individuals who MAKE these artists, etc., who they are. For once, flip it around and show the sideman, and if there's time, show the rest of the dog and pony show.  ;D  This goes for ALL the award shows, not just this one.

Joe

I'd love to see what someone like Hal Blaine would have to say about that.

Paicey

But Bart....drummers arent musicians....they just play drums and musicians are a dime a dozen. Most people know that its the artist and that the musicians are just there for background music.......NOT! ;D.

Matt Self (Gaddabout)

So glad to see Chris McHugh on this list. He did some stuff for Jars of Clay and I was like, who is this guy with the killer drum sound and feel? My buddy Bob was like, "That's the White Heart guy. He's at the top of Nashville now." Ha! White Heart! The Christian rock band from back in the day. But McHugh is good, real good.