• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

"Rasta" Billy Ward in Nashville

Started by Bart Elliott, September 29, 2011, 01:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

Some video I shot during two weeks ago while Billy Ward was in town (Nashville), rehearsing with Chris Shinn for an upcoming showcase.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150337973103304#w716-h403]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150337973103304#w716-h403

I guess it's good to know that I'm not the only one who screws around from time to time during a rehearsal.  ;D

Bill Bachman

Feels good! Sometimes the rehearsals are the best part.

Jeff Lewallen

Being a weekend warrior, it's good to get a glimpse into the pro world and see fun being had screwing around at rehearsal!

KevinD

I had the privilege of being invited by Billy to see him perform at Chris Shinn's showcase in Brooklyn the other night. I had checked out the videos and found that I really liked the material so I was really looking forward to seeing the set.

I must say I was not disappointed, the band who (with the exception of Billy I believe) all came up from Nashville for the event, and I don't believe they had a whole lot of time (if any) for a proper run through of the songs, but honestly no one would ever know it.

The band was just spot on, and the vibe of the music was perfectly conveyed by them, it was such a pleasure watching these guys work, powerful yet full of subtly. Billy has a unique way of perfectly using the space in the music to add in some percussion, a fill, or a flourish of some type and it really adds to the texture of things. As usual he sounded great, just watching him play is a clinic on its own.

I really hope that this project takes off for them, the songs are great, the playing is great, I'm sure things will start happening for them in the near future.

I would highly recommend picking up this CD, there are many layers to it, been listening to it all week and seem to discover something new each time.