• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

zildjian replaceing cracked cymbals?

Started by ntldrummer23, September 01, 2004, 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntldrummer23

???Ok well the other day i cracked my crash cymbal..not a big deal except that it was my first cracked cymbal and i dont know the whole process as to get it replaced or refunded. its a zildjian and i've read here that there usually very good about replacing them no matter what you've done to it. i was wondering if anyone has asked for a refund from them instead of a replacement. i just want to know if i can get a refund. thanks for the help

Mike ;D ??? ???

Joe

Quote from: ntldrummer23 on September 01, 2004, 06:13 PM
i've read here that [Zildjian is] usually very good about replacing them no matter what you've done to it.

This statement is false.  There is a clause stating thusly at their  http://www.zildjian.com/faq/zanswers.html]FAQ  (I'll quote since it is hard to hunt it up at that site):

QuoteWhat is Zildjian's cymbal warranty policy?

Zildjian cymbals carry a one-year warranty, from date of purchase, against manufacturing flaws.
Zildjian requires that all cymbals for warranty replacement be returned to us for review.
Quality is important to us and we use these opportunities to track the manufacture
of the cymbal in question to ensure quality continues to improve.

Please call Zildjian Customer Service at 781-871-2200 for a return authorization number (R/A#).
Once you have your R/A#, please return the cymbal to:

Avedis Zildjian Company
22 Longwater Dr.
Norwell, MA 02061
R/A No. __________

Please enclose a copy of your original purchase receipt with your cymbal,
as this is vital to determining the warranty period.
A cymbal will not be replaced if it has been: misplayed, dropped,
played with excessive force or treated abusively; bought second hand or used in a lease program;
if it has been previously replaced by Zildjian;
or if more than one year has passed since the purchase of the cymbal.

Note: Canadian customers must return cymbals directly to the dealer/store
that they purchased them from. The store will, in turn, contact its distributor for replacement.

Dave Lemonds

If you take the cymbal to where you purchased it, and it is less than a year old (have your old reciept?), they will usually send it back for you and take care of the paperwork. I've done it dozens of times over the years. The policy above is true, but if you are buying from a reputable drum shop you should have no problems....... good luck

Jay Northrop

I generally get a warranty when I get a new cymbal and Zildjian and Sabian have always been good and prompt when replacing cymbals for me.

Chris Whitten

I guess it all depends how long you've owned the cymbal.
I'm a pretty hard player and I've never cracked a Zildjian in over 20 years of use.
At the end of the day, I guess Zildjian would decide if the cymbal in question was defective.

ntldrummer23

well i know what the website says but im just wondering if instead of a replacement, has anyone got a refund so they can get a dif. cymbal

CateringtoVenus

Avoid Ahead drumsticks.  They're murder on cymbals.

ntldrummer23

yea i was using ahead sticks for about 5 months so that could of caused it. im sending the cymbal tom so i should be able to report back on the availability of a refund..later guys