• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

great music, missing a drummer

Started by mfran, June 04, 2004, 12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfran

I just stumbled across this great practice cd---- it is great stuff, minus the drums, so you can play along with it.  

And it wasn't made that way just to help practice drums, it's an actual release from one of the all-time greats: just great 1940's-era old-school standards, for whatever reason, done without a drummer.

The cd is
The Best Of The Nat King Cole Trio
and even though it's a trio, it's also a quartet----Nat sings and plays piano, there is a clean guitarist, and a standup bassist who lays it down very well.  

Play along with this, and you are in a quintet/quartet like no other!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000005H11/qid/103-3616060-0795058

any other good cd's minus drums you guys can think of, short of putting on The Doors, and rolling the balance all the way to the right side?

William Leslie

Out standing. I've heard of Amazon, but never followed up on the site. Looks like it has alot of promise, also for future follow up. Thanks for this info, I'll put it to good use.

capnrusty

I used to practice along with an album called "Fingerpainting," by Nicholas Payton, Christian McBride and Mark Whitfield and an album by Roy Hargrove, McBride and Stephen Scott called "Parker's Mood." There are some Oscar Peterson albums without drums that I'm sure would make good play along CDs as well.

mfran

great! Keep the album titles coming, guys!  It'd sure be nice to have a great list of high calibre music without drums, to practice along to.  

Now if only we could make the album follow us just a little bit...

Gretschn

Dizzy Gillespie and Mitchell-Ruff trio live CD is pretty awesome and sans drums. A bass, a french horn, and a trumpet. It is in some serious need of drums on a few tunes.