• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Jed's a Millionaire in Chicago

Started by Andy Ziker, November 28, 2010, 05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Ziker

My rock band, Jed's a Millionaire, is a playing two somewhat high-profile shows in Chicago this week.

• Dec. 2nd at Cubby Bear in Wrigleyville from 8-11 pm. This is basically a Chicago-area album release party. We'll be playing one 2-hour set. I hope my "Drum Aerobics" is up to speed.

• Dec. 4th at North Shore Center for the Performing Arts-opening act for REO Speedwagon. This concert starts around 8pm.

Both concerts benefit a Jewish charity called Keshet, which helps individuals with developmental disabilities.

I would love to meet any DC'ers from the Chicago area if you're not giggin'!

NY Frank

I like the name of that band.        :)

Todd Norris

Just a quick endorsement for Andy.  Jed's is a tight entertaining unit.  Very enjoyable.  Support your DC brother! 

Andy Ziker

I didn't get to meet any DC'ers on this trip, but I did get to meet the drummer for REO Speedwagon (Bryan Hitt-nice guy and incredible chops) and Bryan's drum tech, the renaissance man, John Aldridge.

We played for a pretty large crowd Thursday night at Cubby Bear. Tonight we played for a surprisingly receptive crowd (considering we were the warm-up band) in Skokie, Il. Overall, a very fun and rewarding experience!

Todd Norris

Jim R.

Glad you had a good experience....sorry I couldn't make it out to you the gigs.

Andy Ziker

Quote from: Jim R. on December 05, 2010, 05:43 PM
Glad you had a good experience....sorry I couldn't make it out to you the gigs.
No problem, Jim. I'm sure there will be other opportunities...