• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

**UPDATES**Look out LA I'm comin' your way! AGAIN!!!

Started by Hannah Ford, May 31, 2010, 11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannah Ford

Hey guys and gals...if you're in the Los Angeles area I'm comin' your way in June....Hope to see those of you that can make any of the events!

June 21st you can come hang with me at The Baked Potato in Studio City. It's  open mic night and I can't wait to sit in and play some jazz with some of the great musicians on hand.  I heard the rumor that Danny Cary might even be stoppin by....

On June 22nd you can catch my Peace Love & Drums Clinic at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley California.

On June 24th MAKE SURE to tune into  http://www.drumchannel.com]www.drumchannel.com  for DrumChannel LIVE....I'll be there with my Fusion Trio "PANDORUM" and will also be jammin' Live with Terry Bozzio!!!! I can't wait...

My week in Los Angeles goes out with a BANG with Vitello's Jazz & Supper Club hosting "PANDORUM"s LA debut for two shows on June 26th....8 & 10 PM. Tickets available at  http://www.vitellosrestaurant.com]www.vitellosrestaurant.com

David Stanoch

Outstanding, Hannah!

The combination of foundation, fearlessness and sheer joy that exudes from your playing produces its own bright light. Go get 'em! I'll be watching the Bozzio interview for sure. I used to admire you but now I'm just jealous!  ;) Have a ball!

Hannah Ford

Awwww, thank you David.  I appreciate your encouragement so much.

I'll look forward to getting an online message from you during the interview on Drum Channel.

Hannah

Hannah Ford

Hey DC friends and family...

I'm writing today from Sunny California and LOVIN' IT here!  I'm confident that in the not so distant future I will be making Los Angeles my home.  But, in the meantime, I'm here to have some fun this week and I hope that some of you in the Southern California area can join me.

I'm going to stop by The Baked Potato Jazz Club tonight and check out the open jam!  That should be sooooo much fun!

Tuesday I'll be down at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley doing my Peace Love & Drums Clinic....

Thursday MAKE SURE wherever you are to check out www.drumchannel.com and catch my live performance with PANDORUM and then to close the show out I'll be jammin' with TERRY BOZZIO!!!   Make sure to click on the online chat during the show and say hi or ask any questions you'd like (about drumming, lol).

On Saturday the 26th PANDORUM hit's Vitello's Jazz and Supper club.   It's going to be another great week in my life.

Hope to see some West Coast DC fans at these events!

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

NY Frank

"Go Hannah...go Hannah...go Hannah...go Hannah"

Hannah Ford

Hey everybody!  Hope all is well.

Just wanted to throw out a quick update from the road.  Dad and I landed in LA early Sunday morning (Father's Day) and basically headed straight to Church! LOL  The service was quite inspiring and as a bonus I got to Worship with Sheila E.  What a great start to an amazing week.

On Monday night I went to the legendary Baked Potato for their weekly open Jam.  The house band was cookin' and opened the night with a smokin' hot set all their own.  

I had the opportunity to set in right away and had a blast!!!  I've been to a few open jams in different cities, but I've never been to an open jam where EVERYONE could play well...lol...it was AWESOME!  Didn't make any difference who came up, what instrument or genre....they had it down.

The best part is a got to meet and hang with LA (blue collar) musicians that are respected on the street and work consistently (networking 101).  Everyone treated me great and seemed to show a lot of love and respect for my work.

On Tuesday (last night) we traveled south down the 405 (just sounds cool to say, lol) and landed at Guitar Center in Fountain Valley where GC played host to my Peace Love & Drums Clinic.  

What a GREAT time we had there.  The crowd (GC said it was one of the largest for any clinic they had hosted there) was awesome and really seemed to dig the clinic and the message I delivered to them regarding being versatile, practice regiments, time management and oh yea, ear protection too.  The GC staff really worked hard and made me feel comfortable and at home.

Next up, we travel up to Oxnard to get ready for tomorrow nights show on Drumchannel.com Live with Terry Bozzio.  I'll have PANDORUM with me for the broadcast as well.  Make sure to get to the computer and check out the show that starts at 6PM pst.  You can also jump in and do a live chat with us during the interview

Hope to hear from my DC family during the broadcast interview.  DC ROCKS!!

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

Todd Norris

Watching right now Hannah!  Great show!  (thanks for answering my question!)

Hannah Ford

Just got back to the room from having dinner with Terry Bozzio and Don Lombardi!!

What a great day!!!  Thanks Todd for shooting a question over.

Hannah

Hannah Ford

Good day everyone!

Update from Sunny California!  

Last night's gig at Vitello's Jazz and Supper Club was amazing.  What a cool room.  Pandorum may have overpowered the room just a little (lol) but it was still a very cool place to play and as an extra added bonus the food was INCREDIBLE....highly recommend it. lol

Danny Seraphine of Chicago fame was in the audience!!! NO PRESSURE...lol....

as well at my good friend and drum/percussion marketing guru David Levine.  It was another great night of memory making.  Everyone who attended and the Vitello's staff seemed to enjoy the show.  

I thought that my week in California was done and today would just lend itself to good bye and farewells till next time...WRONG....I just got invited by Denny Seiwell to come by his home this afternoon and check out some Jazz Trio stuff he's working on!!!  I LOVE MY LIFE...lol

I posted a few pics on myspace and there are many more to come.  We also have some cool video footage of me playing Terry Bozzios MONSTER kit to get up. lol

What a great week....

Peace Love & Drums...

Hannah

Bart Elliott

In case you missed seeing Hannah Ford and Pandorum on DrumChannel, Thursday, June 24th 6pm PST ...

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7875642]http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/7875642

David Stanoch

This is so impressive on so many levels. Hannah exudes great joy and enthusiasm in her playing and such poise and class in her interview.

Her dedication speaks for itself and her open mind and humble attitude are in perfect balance with her self-confidence which all so very cool, in my opinion.

Her professionalism and business savvy are so impressive as well. All of this from a young woman who turned all of twenty yesterday. Outstanding.

I noticed today as well that Hannah was runner-up in the 2010 Drummies Awards in DRUM! magazine.

This is all huge, in my opinion, and just the beginning really for you, Hannah. Congratulations.

Young players need role models like this. Many of my students are the same age as Hannah and this Fall when the new semester starts at McNally Smith College of Music, I'll be recommending this program as must-see viewing. It's a lesson in the kind of results true dedication can bring.

Hannah Ford

Quote from: David Stanoch on June 30, 2010, 09:33 PM
This is so impressive on so many levels. Hannah exudes great joy and enthusiasm in her playing and such poise and class in her interview.

Her dedication speaks for itself and her open mind and humble attitude are in perfect balance with her self-confidence which all so very cool, in my opinion.

Her professionalism and business savvy are so impressive as well. All of this from a young woman who turned all of twenty yesterday. Outstanding.

I noticed today as well that Hannah was runner-up in the 2010 Drummies Awards in DRUM! magazine.

This is all huge, in my opinion, and just the beginning really for you, Hannah. Congratulations.

Young players need role models like this. Many of my students are the same age as Hannah and this Fall when the new semester starts at McNally Smith College of Music, I'll be recommending this program as must-see viewing. It's a lesson in the kind of results true dedication can bring.

Awww, Thank you.  (tear)

Hannah Ford

Hey Guys and Gals,

I thought instead of starting a new thread I'd just continue this one since the subject is the same...Looks like I'm heading back to Hollywood!!!

Yep my newest ROCK project BELLEVUE SUITE ( http://www.myspace.com/bellevuesuite]www.myspace.com/bellevuesuite ) will grace the stage at The Whisky A Go Go in Sept!  I'm soooo excited!!  Some of you checked out the recent BELLEVUE SUITE video "DIED INSIDE" posted here a few weeks ago. 

This will be my second appearance at The Whisky and I can NOT wait.  I love the Sunset Strip BUZZ....it's a great place to do a show.  There are some other surprises in store for our week in LA.  Once I have solid confirmation I'll make sure to let everyone know about those as well. 

If you're in the LA area on Sept 10th hope to see you at our WHISKY show.....info below.

Hannah

(The link for tickets to the Whisky show is  http://www.hannahforddrums.tix.com]www.hannahforddrums.tix.com )

Hannah Ford

It just keeps getting better and better!!!  I've been VERY excited about my newest project Bellevue Suite ( http://www.myspace.com/bellevuesuite]www.myspace.com/bellevuesuite ) making it's LA debut at The Whisky on Sept 10th.

Now to sweetin' the pot I will be doing a clinic at Guitar Center in Hollywood on Sept 9th!!! 

Would LOVE to see any DC family that can make either event...

Hannah