• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

A conversation

Started by Dave Heim, October 06, 2005, 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heim

Tenjewberrymuds

You will understand what 'tenjewberrymuds' means by the end of the conversation. This has been nominated for the best email of 2005. The following is a telephone exchange between a hotel guest and room-service, at a hotel in Asia, which was recorded and published in the Far East Economic Review:

Room Service (RS): "Morrin. Roon sirbees."

Guest (G): "Sorry, I thought I dialed room-service."

RS: "Rye..Roon sirbees..morrin!  Jewish to oddor sunteen??"

G: "Uh..yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs."

RS: "Ow July den?"

G: "What??"

RS: "Ow July den?...pryed, boyud, poochd?"

G : "Oh, the eggs!  How do I like them? Sorry, scrambled please."

RS: "Ow July dee baykem?  Crease?"

G: "Crisp will be fine."

RS : "Hokay.  An Sahn toes?"

G: "What?"

"An toes.  July Sahn toes?"

G: "I don't think so."

RS: "No? Judo wan sahn toes??"

G: "I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what 'judo wan sahn toes'
means."

RS: "Toes! toes!...Why jew don wan toes?  Ow bow Anglish moppin we bodder?"

G: "English muffin!!  I've got it!  You were saying 'Toast.'  Fine. Yes, an English muffin will be fine."

RS: "We bodder?"

G: "No...just put the bodder on the side."

RS: "Wad?"

G: "I mean butter...just put it on the side."

RS: "Copy?"

G: "Excuse me?"

RS: "Copy...tea...meel?"

G: "Yes. Coffee, please, and that's all."

RS: "One Minnie.  Scramah egg, crease baykem, Anglish moppin we bodder on sigh and copy....rye??"

G: "Whatever you say."

RS: "Tenjewberrymuds."

G : "You're very welcome."

Stewart Manley

Perfectly good mouthful of Stella Artois, all over the monitor. Anyone have a screenwipe?

smoggrocks

oh, you silly boys.  ::)

my friend once worked as a maintenance guy with an elderly gent of "EYE-talian" descent. the man kept imploring him to join him so they could go 'feega dee men squeetch.'

after about 20 minutes trying to solve the language riddle, my friend realized he was being asked to help FIX THE MAIN SWITCH.

and moosie, i'm a stella gal, too!
[though i realize you're not a gal...]

SteveR

I've always been partial to:

Tank you beddy much

Steve Phelps (Shoeless)

I believe it was George Segal on a talk show told a story about when Charles De Gaulle and his wife came to a conference in the US. During the opening cermonies Mrs. De Gaulle, in timid, halting English, said something like "We're pleased to be here and we wish you all a penis!"
At which point Charles jumps up and says in thick French accent, " 'Apiness! 'Apiness!
Bet no one ever made that connection before!

agogobil

Once when I was working in a new subdivision, I was laying the brick on the mantel of a fireplace - this is the wall that is above the firebox, that goes up to the ceiling.  The drywall taper, who was from Alabama, was working in the same house and stopped by where I was working to ask:  "Y'all gunna git thet brick light inair t'day?"  I had to think what he meant for a second, and then told him  "No ... it doesn't call for a light here ... there's no wire or outlet for one ... we haven't put any lights in any of these fireplace mantels yet ... you sure there's supposed to be a light here?"

He looked at me like I was speaking total gibberish.  He said "No, no ... yew gonna git that brick light today?  In there?

I looked back at the wall.  No wire.  No electric box.  I said "I don't know what you're talking about, man ... we haven't put ANY lights in ANY of these fireplaces - yet.  You'd better go ask the electrician if there's supposed to be a wire here, because I sure don't see one.  Maybe you know something we don't."

He looked exasperated.  Then, I guess he finally figured that I didn't understand him.  He said "No, man ... are you gonna LIE UP THAT WALL THERE TODAY?"

That's when I figured that he was asking me if I was going to get the brick LAID ...   ::)   :-X

Louis Russell

Enough of this gibberish, let's skweet.   ;D  I getting hungry.