• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

What you think of this deal?

Started by bcrazzle, December 02, 2006, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcrazzle

What do you guys think of this deal for this kit? I would sell most of the hardware and the cases since I already have my own and I'd sell the snare as well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300055997565&rd=1&rd=1

Todd Norris

I guess that's pretty reasonable if you are willing to pay the premium for DW drums.  Obviously, it's far cheaper than buying them new.  By selling off the excess stuff it helps reduce your costs too.  I don't follow the pricing on used DW gear, but it looks reasonable.  I can't help but think you might find similar quality gear for a better price by looking at other brands.

Marcos

Why is it when a brand like Ludwig is posted people go thru the trouble of mentioning serial numbers, badge-types, wood, the year, etc. etc. ?

Mister Acrolite

Quote from: Marcos on December 02, 2006, 03:49 PM
Why is it when a brand like Ludwig is posted people go thru the trouble of mentioning serial numbers, badge-types, wood, the year, etc. etc. ?

Because Ludwig drums changed a lot over the years. The badges and serial numbers give educated consumers the info they need to determine what era the drums were built in, which for many Ludwig fans is essential.

bcrazzle