• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Woodstick - Seattle, WA

Started by Brandon Amador, May 10, 2006, 12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon Amador

Hey has anyone been to Woodstick in Seattle. I guess it's this Saturday on May 13. If anyone has been to this event. I would like to hear about it.

Bart Elliott

Woodstick 2006 broke the world record for the most drummers playing at the same time. The official number of drummers who signed the Guinness registry was 533, breaking the old record of 502.

Dave Heim

Quote from: Bart Elliott on July 24, 2006, 02:22 PM
Woodstick 2006 broke the world record for the most drummers playing at the same time. The official number of drummers who signed the Guinness registry was 533, breaking the old record of 502.

Saw that in the recent MD.  What a hoot.  Boy, that must have been one LOUD room!  :)

swede

:'( I had totally planned to take the day off work and go there this year, and when I went to mark my calendar, I realized we had already made family vacation reservations for that week. :'( I hope they try to break the record again next year.

Brandon Amador

Yah it was. I got to go and had a blast. And yes it was really loud. Got to meet Alan White, Chris Pennie, Bernard Purdie (Coolest guy ever), Jeff Kathan, Scott Rockenfield, Michael Derosier, Robby Ameen (He is crazy with his latin beats.). I had lots of fun thinking about doing it again. Got meet a lot of other players also so that was cool. A lot of nice drum sets at the event also i got pics maybe i'll post some if you guys want.