• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Double Pedals ??? which one??

Started by jayjayselmes, February 08, 2004, 12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayjayselmes

Been lookin at getting a doubl;e pedal for a while now but, but dont know which one to choose.

Was at my local drum store in sydney Aust and was playing with the Pearl Eliminator and I must say i was quite impressed with it!

Normally i wouldnt go for pearl products as Pearl is just not my personal preference.

I was quite happy with its footboard aswell very smooth and wide for my fat foot . The action was quite nice aswell.

Can you guys tell me what you guys use and whay you use it.

Thanks for helping out the little guy from downunder Australia

jace

JeepnDrummer

I use the Pearl Eliminator because it's what works for me.  And for that same reason you should buy the pedal that works for you.  Therefore, the answer to your question is that pedals should be bought based on personal preference.

I bought the Iron Cobra when it first came out, but returned it nearly 30 days later because it just didn't feel right for me.  Since then I have purchased the Iron cobra jr double pedal and like it enough to keep it on my practice kit.  I tried the DW 9000 titanium DP and it felt really great, but this was after only one session with it.  However, all this is based on how these pedals feel to me.  So you ought to try out as many pedals as you can and make your decision based on what works best for you.  All of them are great pedals.

nitro101

i love my iron cobra..........but ive never tried a 9000....so try them out and pick.and if u cant try them out get the iron cobra

Jay Northrop

I love my Iron Cobra as well.But pedals like most drum items are based on personal prefrence.If you like the Eliminator then go for it.Or maybe make a check list of what you want from a pedal try out the DW's,Tama's,and Pearl's and which ever has the most points from your list is the pedal you will probably want to get.

Chris

Quote from: JeepnDrummer on February 08, 2004, 04:36 AM
I tried the DW 9000 titanium DP and it felt really great

you're @$%# right. they are great.

although i don't have the titanium edition :|

MuseFan

uhmm, i bought last summer a Yamaha double pedal and no complaints!! ;D

I think you'd check em out aswell, good quality and not that expensive as a Iron Cobra or DW

drumwild

I play a  http://www.drumwild.com/dw9000.html]DW 9000 Titanium DP   and love it. The DW 9000 Production model is also a nice one (it's my next pedal). The Iron Cobra is really good, too. When you get into high-end pedals, you really can't go wrong. Feel is king.

jayjayselmes

thanks guys for all the help

cheer to all

jace