• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Shipping a Drum Set

Started by jetter2, July 03, 2005, 12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy Bryan

I'm in North Carolina. In April my band recorded our debut cd in California. I shipped my drums out there FedEx. Well everything made it but the kick drum. They never found it. I had it insured and JUST got the check from them today.
It cost a little over $300 to ship them out there. It was like 7 or 8 pieces. I had to pay more to ship them back cause I had a local mail service  pack the whole thing on a pallet and ship it as one big piece.
I don't think I'll do that again. If we go back, I would rent a kit and maybe take a snare or two.

Vintage Ludwig

Quote from: Budrock on July 13, 2005, 09:03 AM
I'm in North Carolina. In April my band recorded our debut cd in California. I shipped my drums out there FedEx. Well everything made it but the kick drum. They never found it. I had it insured and JUST got the check from them today.
It cost a little over $300 to ship them out there. It was like 7 or 8 pieces. I had to pay more to ship them back cause I had a local mail service  pack the whole thing on a pallet and ship it as one big piece.
I don't think I'll do that again. If we go back, I would rent a kit and maybe take a snare or two.  Aw maaaannnn.....thatsa drag for sure.  Hopefully the amount they paid you covered the replacement cost of the drum.  So I kinda rest my case ;D
Alot of prof. musicians just rent their gear if the situation warrants.  But for me-I have no problem ponying up the bread to PROPERLY pack and ship a drum kit-

Buddy Bryan

I came out pretty good. When I bought the set in 03 the kick was around 5 or 600. I insured it for more than that. The suggested retail on these is a hair over $1000. which nobody pays you know. So I got my check from FedEx for one thousand something. I'm happy.

Vintage Ludwig

Sweet Budrock-you did it EXACTLY how one should!