• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Chewing Gum while playing ?

Started by zrated bill, October 13, 2003, 05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOUSE

Quote[I do eat mints all the time, when playing too... I always swallow them by accident, which kinda throws me off.
/quote]

Well if you choke and die on one at least you'll be in mint condition. ::)

Mayb'e the gum will hold the drool in and fool the roadies that the stage is level  ::) ::)

random

funny mouse, but looks like a little post-editing is in order.

SteamRhino

Quote from: random on October 16, 2003, 05:49 PM
i stare at people when i play.
I used to do that when I was younger. Get in the zone when really driving a tune and just get this "possessed" look.
We were doing a grand opening for a shopping mall, I'm doing my "coolest" possessed stare. Trouble is, when she spun and buried her face in her mothers legs, I realized I was staring at a little girl who was standing in front of her mother.
So I thought I was being cool, but I was frightening little girls. I decided to concentrate on playing and let the quirks be more mundane. Funny thing is, now people say I look so cool 'cause I don't show a lot. just groove and rock :)

sjm1112

Just to add something different to this very odd post. Did you guys know that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore?  I just flew in there and we had to fill out customs forms that read: Do you possess any illicit drugs, steroids, narcotics or chewing gums? Cracked us all up until we remembered they cane people for stuff there! We dug all of our gum out of our bags and just left it on the airplane. Next day we were like little kids all getting our gum out and chewing it on the ground before we left. Beer was also 10 dollars a piece! :o

Louis Russell

Quote from: sjm1112 on October 19, 2003, 11:48 AM
Did you guys know that chewing gum is illegal in Singapore?
That law was recently changed as part of a trade agreement with the USA.  It is available by prescription only.  You may import it only for personal use.  There is a custom form available for any gum you do bring into the country.  There are many places where you should not chew gum as a personal courtesy to the people there.  

SteamRhino

To this day I do not chew gum out of fear of my Jr. High principal :P
And I'm 56 :o

oixio

just"don't chew your nails or your house will fall down." (Soupy Sales)

Nubert Thump

Quote from: SteamRhino on October 20, 2003, 12:57 PM
To this day I do not chew gum out of fear of my Jr. High principal :P
And I'm 56 :o

LOL--I don't do it out of fear of the gum pulling out dental fillings and having another 'day-to-remember' at the dentist.  ;D

Dinosaur

Quote from: nudrum on October 16, 2003, 03:01 PM
Sticky Control.....get it?

BARF! :o

That one was physically painful.  ;)