• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Drums & Fire!

Started by TaAqPrMaSa, May 17, 2005, 09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drummz

Find a new hobby

DaveGink

Quote from: stapes2260 on May 28, 2005, 01:02 AM
BAD IDEA.

I knew people who died in the "Station" bar fire in Rhode Island a few years back (I'm from RI). It happened because the idiots in Great White decided that pyrotechnics would be cool, and proceeded to burn the place down and kill 100 people. If i saw you doing that during a performance indoors i'd run up on the stage and beat you.

Don't play with fire. If you're gonna do something like that, do it at an outdoor show, with someone with a fire extinguisher standing by.

I was watching VH1 Classics last night and they played an old Great White video (their cover version of the Who's 'substitute'). Anyway, In the vid they had their background banner burning while they played in front of it. It was kind of creepy.

Vipercussionist

Well, if you want to try something different, you'll need some cool lighting, maybe even a strobe light, and use simple talcum powder on the heads, it explodes off the heads when you hit them and creates clouds of "smoke" that with the right lighting can be quite striking!! Heck of a cleanup afterwards though. I saw a local Heavy Metal band do it many years ago.