• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Educational Opportunities

Started by latindrummer, September 30, 2002, 09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

latindrummer

:)Hi, I live in Caracas, Venezuela. I'm interested in study in USA but i dont know which are best schools? :-\.  I read about Drummer Colective, MI and others but i need some advice... I play drum for 15 years but i am  interested in increase my reading, technique and of course, my english

Thanks and sorry for my english...  :P

dissonance

There was a thread I started on this topic a while back...as I'm an Australian who is thinking about studying music in the USA.  It got a really good response (which I'm still thankful for by the way guys!).

http://community.drummercafe.com/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=814

felix

I would NOT go to MI since Hollywood is such an awful town.  And I am allowed to say this since I went to MI and I go to Los Angeles on business, well, too much.  My close relatives also live in the San Fernando Valley- they are up in the Cleveland area today and they just told me how much WORSE it is getting (west hollywood).  It sucks, I used to live there and it is not a good environment to learn or get decent gigs IMHO.  It is also not an accurate representation of the majority of the America lifestyle.  Sorry LA boys- I am not going to recommend MI to this kid even though there are some great teachers there.

Now I'm sure there are nice spots in LA to live- but those places are out of my budget and definitely out of yours if you are a student (unless your father is a rancher tycoon).

I would look in the NY, Chicago, somewhere in Florida or the Austin Texas area.