• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Louis' Excellent Vacation

Started by Louis Russell, March 08, 2006, 04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis Russell

I recently returned from my Cozumel trip and can hardly wait to go again on April 20th.  The main reason for this trip was to check damage the island received from the hurricane.  My  http://louisrussell.com/ConnieOnPlane.JPG] Friend  and I drove to Dallas after work on Thursday and flew to Cozumel early Friday morning.  It is a short flight from Dallas and we breezed through customs which was a little easier since one of my bags was lost in Dallas.  I always pack a change of clothes and essentials in the carry on so it was no big problem.  We had a rental jeep and were checked in the  http://www.caribeblu.net/] Caribe De Blu Hotel   in record time.  This is a nice hotel and only has 22 rooms total so when we come back in April with the group we will be at the Hotel Cozumel.  My missing bag was at the hotel the next morning by 7am and I was amazed at the great service.  I only made one scuba dive because of problems with my left leg but Connie was able to make both dives we scheduled.  We normally do a lot more diving but the purpose of this trip was to check out the damage and repairs to the island.  We spent a lot of time driving the island and walked all over town.  The thing that surprised us most was the new 7-11 convenience store that just opened.  We took the ferry to Playa Del Carman one afternoon which is just a short distance South of Cancun on the mainland.  You would never know a hurricane hit them such a short time ago.  We had lots of good food, met some new people, and had a ton of fun.  Overall I would rate this trip a 9 and can't wait to go back in April.

Jon E

Yer killin' me Louis!!

:)

Sounds like a great time.

smoggrocks

yer little buddy looks awful happy to be caribbean-bound with ya! ;)

looks like a great time. and that hotel looks awesome. i like small places, too.

**sigh**

i gotta get outta town pronto. this weather is turning me into a byotch.

Louis Russell

Quote from: smoggrocks on March 09, 2006, 10:22 AM
yer little buddy looks awful happy to be caribbean-bound with ya! ;)

That pic was taken on the way home.  We were a lot happier on the way down.  We had a great time.   8)