• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

What's your sign, man?

Started by smoggrocks, June 29, 2006, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smoggrocks

Mr. A's upcoming b-day reminded me that, well... we all have b-days. and thus fall under some astrological sign.

what's yours?

i'm taurus. and i exhibit virtually every classic taurean trait. namely stubbornness, perseverance and resistance to change.

but i make a swell friend.

here's a cool astrology website i came across. not sure about the face reading thing, but the general info is neat.

http://www.astrology.com.au/index_flash.asp?r=

TamaDrummer

I am an Aries.  I exhibit many of the classic traits of an Aries, but somehow when they said that "no one can call laziness on an Arian", I don't quite think they were talking about me.  ;D

RouteThreeBlues

Aries, but I don't really pay any attention to that stuff.

Dave Heim

Virgo here.  August 26.  The website says:

Your personal ruling planets are Mercury and Saturn.
Cool.  My wife drives a Saturn!

The combined influences of these two planets has an upside and a downside. Incredible concentration and application of will and effort means that you can and will achieve great things in your life and in particular, your work. Excellent!  The one condition being that you do not procrastinate. Oh.  Crap.  I'll look at this again later.

Learn to effectively make decisions by trusting your immediate inner response to situations. Usually those first impressions will be correct. You are well suited to work which requires structure and clear practical systems.  Yep.  I'm an dad, a drummer, an IT manager, photographer. . .

Don't be driven by your work because all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.  Got it.  Who is Jack?

Your lucky colours are deep blue and black.  Blue, yes.  My favorite color.

Your lucky gems are blue sapphire, lapis lazuli and amethyst.  Don't really have many gems.  I have a ruby in my wedding ring.  And I have a sapphire in my 10-year service award for vounteering at the zoo!  I've had lapis lazuli - delicious!

Your lucky days of the week are Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Yep.  Hump day and gig days!

Your lucky numbers and years of important change are 8, 17, 26, 35, 44, 53, 62, 71. Hike!

Famous people born on your birthday include Christopher Isherwood, Macauley Culkin, Thalia and Noah Bastian.  Macauley Culkin eh?  Can I change my birthday?

sleepybrIghteyez

I am a Cancer. I'm on the border of Gemini though, and from time to time I have conversations with myself.  ::)

More than horoscopes, I really love fortune cookies. I seem to get some really good ones- and my wife tends to get the ones that say, "Stop being so angry and chill out." The best one I have gotten that I do not believe will ever be topped reads, "Your future is sweet."

Chris Whitten

Remember those old Disco records?
Was it Tavares?

Vintage Ludwig

Aquarius!

Dont pay attention to this kinda stuff, but my family and friends ALL say Im a true Aquarius.

whatever that means......

Joe

Quote from: Route Three Blues on June 29, 2006, 11:19 AM
Aries, but I don't really pay any attention to that stuff.

Quote from: quicksfoot on June 29, 2006, 05:55 PM
Aquarius!

Dont pay attention to this kinda stuff, but my family and friends ALL say Im a true Aquarius.

Obviously y'all do, since.... yeah ;D

Capricorn

paul

KevinD

I too am a Taurus, and that's no bull 8)

Danno

Todd Norris

My sign is simply an arrow.  An arrow that points to Jesus.

nudrum

Quote from: Chris Whitten on June 29, 2006, 05:18 PM
Remember those old Disco records?
Was it Tavares?

Wasn't that "Roll On" or something like that?

My friend came up with a great lyric for that tune.

"I'm Aquarius and I like girls that squat and spit"

I can't stop laughing as I type it.

I'm Cancerian and I like girls that....

Joe

Quote from: Drum4JC on June 30, 2006, 06:12 PM

Such a salvo directed towards the Prince Of Peace is bound to be controversial in some way.

bigdrums

Hey Smogg!  U've stolen my traits!

I thought stubborness, perserverance and resistance to change were all classic characteristics of a Leo?  ???

Todd Norris

Quote from: Joe on July 02, 2006, 10:12 PM
Such a salvo directed towards the Prince Of Peace is bound to be controversial in some way.

Obviously this forum is not the place to delve into this topic, but that statement is simply an analogy of my approach to life.  I point to Him.  I thought it was humorous that I equated an arrow traffic sign with a zodiac sign... 

That can be controversial in my daily life if that's what you mean.  I may be misinterpreting your use of the word "salvo".  You may have thought that I intended to shoot an arrow at Him rather than point to Him. 

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please send me a message so Bart doesn't shut this thread down.  Thanks. 

DrumQueen

Quote from: Drum4JC on June 30, 2006, 06:12 PM

i agree with that one!

my birthday however falls under scoripio and i dont pay any attention to horoscopes and stuff i take every day as it comes. but i did read the description of the scorpio and erm yeah thats pretty much me. lol

i work for a church as their youth worker and we have a PCC who basically make all the decisions for the church and i had to present on Monday about all i had done over the year and all i wanted to do and a never before thing happened they made two decisions for me in one night and both involved money! they said to a year out student and they said yes to refurbishing the youth room and they didnt send a working party away to discuss it! no one can believe it, my point is that sunday evening my b/f who was on the pcc for three years said not to be dis heartened but i was not going to get both ideas through in one night and it would be a miracle if i got one, to which i said i am having a gap year student in september and they will say yes at the meeting!

:D i am very determined indeed!

but like i said i dont actually pay any attention really, i put it all down to my personality on the enneagram (or however its spelt) im a number 3 THE ACHIEVER! lol

:P

William Leslie

I too am a Taurus, and thick headed as all get out. I'm sure my birthday has nothing to do with that. I think it means I landed on my head instead of my butt the first time I fell. And every time there after.

Rylie

Gemini. And while I place little creedence in how planets (giant rocks and gas balls) and the position of same in a universe so unimaginably endless in scope have any bearing whatsoever on a relatively submicroscopic human being's personality or tendencies, I will admit that I fit the general description of a Gemini. Then again, maybe I don't. Me too.

In honor of this thread, I have changed my signature. Or did I?

Mister Acrolite

I'm a Cancer. That's why I'm so freakin' sensitive.

katy

Quote from: TamaDrummer on June 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
I am an Aries.  I exhibit many of the classic traits of an Aries, but somehow when they said that "no one can call laziness on an Arian", I don't quite think they were talking about me.  ;D

Ditto, I'm an Aries too.

When I told my boss that I was an Aries she said "No you're not, you're too quiet to be an Aries."  And then she told me that I'd be with a Libra who cheated on me but I would take him back, but I shouldn't.  She's a strange lady.

DrumQueen

Quote from: Terry on July 07, 2006, 08:52 PM
I too am a Taurus, and thick headed as all get out. I'm sure my birthday has nothing to do with that. I think it means I landed on my head instead of my butt the first time I fell. And every time there after.

hehe - apparently according to many people they believe that i landed on my head when i first fell, but i think that is just cos i have a big one! lol

Mark Counts

I am a Fish but I like the Arrow pointing to Jesus the best.                               
                         Nutty

Todd Norris

Quote from: Mister Acrolite on July 08, 2006, 08:08 AM
I'm a Cancer. That's why I'm so freakin' sensitive.

LOL

Quote from: drumnut1 on July 16, 2006, 02:58 PM
I am a Fish but I like the Arrow pointing to Jesus the best.                               
                         Nutty

Thanks!