• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

I'm New Here ... (introduce yourself)

Started by Bart Elliott, January 01, 2007, 09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garagerocker

Hi.  I've been observing on the forum for a while.  I'm from Indiana and started playing again about 3 years ago.  I played mostly rock in the basement and garage, but this time I was drawn into classical and concert band material and discovered a love for military marches.  I play in a concert band and recently had my first drumset gig :o  ;D with a dixieland-type band.

I'm a huge fan of old and new garage rock, rockabilly, and am slowly getting drawn into the mysterious world of jazz.

I have a Tama fusion kit, and if I'm very, very good I might be able to take home a Gretsch jazz kit before the year ends. Cymbals are 14" old New Beats hi hats, a Sabian Vault crash and a Sabian medium heavy ride.  I recently added a 7 X 13 Gretsch snare to the two snares I already have.

It's good to talk drums and music, isn't it?

Jenny

NY Frank

Quote from: garagerocker on June 29, 2008, 01:27 PM
It's good to talk drums and music, isn't it?
Jenny

Sure is.  Welcome.

8)

Tim van de Ven

Thank you to Keith Cronin for recommending me to this forum.
You may have seen me as "ivmike" on other forums (which I will in all likelyhood, abandon for this one).

Today Drummer Café; tomorrow night, I play in the Montréal Jazz Festival!  ;D

Mister Acrolite

Quote from: Tim vdv on July 04, 2008, 04:38 PM
Thank you to Keith Cronin for recommending me to this forum.
You may have seen me as "ivmike" on other forums (which I will in all likelyhood, abandon for this one).

Hey, Tim - good to see ya!

Chris Whitten

Quote from: Drumhead Sam on June 12, 2008, 10:12 AM
started playing drums in my freshman year of high school and that was like way back in 01.

Yeah, that makes ya chuckle.  ;D
I'd been in retirement nearly ten years by then.
:'(
Welcome all.

NY Frank

Quote from: Tim vdv on July 04, 2008, 04:38 PM

Ok, no holding out.  Tell us more.

NY Frank

Quote from: Chris Whitten on July 04, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'll make a pre-emptive strike:
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/Fijm2008/programmation/grille_en.aspx?artiste=851

And I'll follow up the strike:     :)

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31892218

"Band Members:    Amanda Mabro (vox), Cozmos Quazar (keys), Tim van de Ven (drums), Patrick Rizzetto (bass), Raylene Campbell (accordian), Brigitte Dajczer (violin)"

Outstanding, creative, fresh stuff.   

Tim van de Ven

Keith, Chris and Frank; you have made me feel very, very welcome. I thank you all.

This board is outstanding!

I will post a review with some pics as soon as I can.

Mister Acrolite

Tim van de Ven

Louis Russell

You will love it here Tim, this is the best place around. 

Tim van de Ven

IL DUCE

Hey everybody Just wanted to say hello. Me:47 male druming on and off for 25-30 yrs. Currently playing a Mapex Mars pro kit ( forerunner to the pro M ) cymbals Zildjian, Sabian meinl and Wuhan. Hardware all DW 5000 series double kick, HH, Remote HH. well gotta go to work. just wanted to activate my membership and say hello.

Awesmoe24

Hello everyone. I am new to the site. I have been drumming for a year or so now and enjoy it very much. I take lessons at George's Drum Shop here in Akron Ohio. From time to time I'll post links to their newsletter about deals and events if that's cool. I look forward to joining the community, discussing drums, learning and contributing whatever I can.

Hello from Ohio.

Chip Donaho

Quote from: IL DUCE on August 01, 2008, 04:45 AM
Currently playing a Mapex Mars pro kit
Nothing wrong with that....  ;)  Welcome to the new DC members. 8)

JustinTime

Hey all, I'm Justin. I'm 17 and a senior in high school, and I've played percussion since I started my school's band program in 5th grade. I played piano for years before that, so I was fairly advanced compared to my peers, who still think of me as some brilliant musician. But I come from a small town that doesn't generally pay a lot of attention to its music programs, so I'm really not as great as they think I am.

I've played both quads and snare in marching and pep band, which are pretty much the same group here, drums in jazz band, and, well you know the kind of stuff we do in concert band.

When I started looking around here the other day, I noticed immediately that this stuff is what you all live for. There's so much passion here for the art of music and percussion. And to be honest, it kinda scares me... :P So I hope I can learn from everyone here and become a better musician for it.

Edit: Awesome, I started a new page...

Larry Lawless

Welcome, Justin, glad you found us. Among other things, I teach percussion in a small town high school, so I can relate. Enjoy your time here, and we are glad to help any way we can.

Louis Russell

Welcome Justin!  You may be surprised how many came from small schools.  I graduated in 1966 and there were 12 in my senior class.  I think that qualifies as small.  I have been gigging since 1964 and have enjoyed playing all types of music.  Drag up your throne, have a seat, and enjoy the fun we have at the Drummer Cafe. 

Blaemirejinx

Hello all.....
A good friend and member of the this forum, Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz, told me of this site, how great it was, and said I should check it out. I have been a member of two other boards for a few years, but  because of his and another members urging, I wanted to check it out.
I am Drumjinx on the other forums, but will be BlaemireJinx on this one.
I am, as the name indicates, a big fan of Blaemire fiberglass drums. I have restored multiple kits and built others from NOS shells that I bought from Allen Blaemire himself. One of my restored kits is in this months issue of Classic Drummer...the Readers Showcase page.
One of the reasons I have posted at this time, is that I am currently looking for a 14, 15, or 16 Blaemire shell for a floor tom. I was told that a member here, may have what I am looking for. If anyone here has one or knows of one, please let me know.
I look forward to hanging out on the board. So far...what I have seen and read has peaked my interest. 8)