• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

The Drum Pad's 20th Anniversary DVD

Started by Dave Heim, May 01, 2007, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heim

The Drum Pad (my local drum shop of choice) celebrated their 20th anniversary last year by throwing quite a party.  They rented out the Vic Theatre in Chicago and put on a day-long drum fest featuring Terry Bozzio, Chad Wackerman, Jimmy Chamberlin, Mike Portnoy, Jeff Hamilton, Steve Smith, Mike Mangini, and Zakir Hussain of George Brooks Summit.

The events of the day were taped and the result is available on a very nice 2-DVD set.  The production is nicely done.  Good camera angles (close-ups, overhead boom shots, etc.) and quality sound.  There are some great performances here.  If you're a fan of any of the players mentioned you might want to pick up a copy.  For you folks in the Chicago/Midwest area, copies are available at the Pad.  I've also seen them listed on Amazon and other outlets on-line.

Todd Norris

I think someone here mentioned that awhile back.  That looks like a good one.  It's nice to see so many nice drumming DVD's available now.  I.e., the MD festivals, the Australian festivals, and the other misc. festivals like this one. 

Dave Heim

Quote from: Drum4JC on May 01, 2007, 09:05 PM
I think someone here mentioned that awhile back.  That looks like a good one.  It's nice to see so many nice drumming DVD's available now.  I.e., the MD festivals, the Australian festivals, and the other misc. festivals like this one. 

Oops.  My bad.