• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

4th Annual Drummer Cafe Community Drum Solo

Started by Bart Elliott, April 07, 2008, 07:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bart Elliott

Quote from: tablaji71 on April 21, 2008, 05:31 AM
Can i play with tabla drum? ;)

Absolutely ... any drum or percussion instrument is welcome ... including mallet percussion!

Anthony Manning-Franklin

Are we allowed to multi track in some percussion? I got some new toys for my birthday I'd love to include in there, partly because I want to learn how they sound in this context. :D

Namely my Djembe and some Indian drums I don't yet know the name of.

Bart Elliott

Quote from: Antman on April 21, 2008, 07:31 AM
Are we allowed to multi track in some percussion? I got some new toys for my birthday I'd love to include in there, partly because I want to learn how they sound in this context. :D

Namely my Djembe and some Indian drums I don't yet know the name of.

I would ask that you not do that. Just create a set-up and show us what you do ... without multi-tracking.

Remember to video tape your performance ... OR ... record your audio performance and send a photo of you playing your set-up.

stevesmithfan

Bart Elliott

Quote from: stevesmithfan on April 22, 2008, 02:17 PM
Can I send an MP3 via soundclick?

Sure, if that works best for you. It just creates more work (time) on my part.  ;)

Ryan

Sent mine in.  It's not my best playing and I'm not all that happy with it to be perfectly honest.  But it's the first time since July that I've played my drumset without mutes and I figured I might as well submit it.  Right after this take I could hear my neighbor upstairs so I decided I'd better not make any more noise today.

NY Frank

You have my sincere sympathies.

I can remember trying to play in an apartment many years ago, and the neighbor below me gave me No slack.  Forget about any later night stuff - if I dared touch the drums even at 6:00pm it was instant banging on the ceiling.  It really stressed me.

I'm sure the clip you sent to Bart is cool.

Keep your eye on the prize - which is to someday get out of that apartment.  :)

Bart Elliott

Keep sending in your solos ... the video clips are working perfectly!!!  ;D

AutoCrat

As I'm currently moving from my appt. to a real house, My drum is sleeping in my room for the next month :(

I'll record something though, with what I have on hand, I'll try to be as creative as possible with what I find here ;)

agogobil

Quote from: AutoCrat on April 25, 2008, 02:27 PM
As I'm currently moving from my appt. to a real house, My drum is sleeping in my room for the next month :(

I'll record something though, with what I have on hand, I'll try to be as creative as possible with what I find here ;)

you could record your drum snoring?

... those snarebeds and kick drum pillows come in handy, eh?

ok ... I'll stop.   :-X

Bubbawad

Right on, cool groove...this will be fun!    ;D

Mark Counts

As bad as I want to do it this year, I am not sure I am going to make it.  I am having big problems on the marriage after 20+ years and I even have the camera this year to do it live. I am having surgery tomorrow so it ain't looking good this year.  I am looking forward to hearing the rest of you though.  Maybe if Bart extends a few weeks I can come up with something?
                              Nutty

Bart Elliott

Quote from: drumnut1 on May 07, 2008, 04:37 PM
As bad as I want to do it this year, I am not sure I am going to make it.  I even have the camera this year to do it live. I am having surgery tomorrow so it ain't looking good this year.  I am looking forward to hearing the rest of you though.  Maybe if Bart extends a few weeks I can come up with something?

I can most definitely extend the deadline. I just wanted to get it done, so there's no rush at all. It's just going to take some time to put it all together, but it's not that involved. I won't be able to record my solo until after I return from the Chicago Drum Show.

If possible, try to have it done by June 1st. If you (or anyone) needs more time beyond that, I can do it as long as you let me know in advance.

Hugo Gouveia

I suddenly have a cam corder or whadjamacallit available, and a sort of idea for the solo. Nothing "big" or even slightly complex but I'd like to try to fit in... If the tuning and overall acoustics don't ruin it, and is deemed acceptable. Hopefully Sunday.

NY Frank

I sorta kinda have an idea, too, and I can't bring myself to record it because of:
- Previous red light nastiness
- My mic is terrible and won't do this justice

I'm going to try to turn it around one way or another this weekend.

Bart Elliott

FYI ... I've extended the deadline for entries to May 31st, 2008.

The video entries are working great, so if you can record your groove via video that would be best. Do what you can and have fun!

This is an exhibition, not a competition, so please ... no wagering.  ;D

felix

I have mine done.  It is just soooooooooo amazing  ;D

Really, I had fun with this one.  I will send you a pic or two maybe 3? later Bartman.

NY Frank

Thanks for the extension.  I need it.  Didn't get to it with Mother's Day duties,
and this week is off to a nasty start at work.

Later.  And thanks again.

Gaetano Nicolosi

I just have sent mine... And looking forward to listen the whole community solo.