• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Five gigs. . . Five groups. . . Five different drum set-ups. . . One me

Started by Dave Heim, June 25, 2008, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Heim

I thought I'd let you know about some upcoming public (and almost all are free) gigs I have booked.  If you're free, and in the Chicago area, come on out and enjoy some music.

- - -

Jun 27 2008 - 7:30pm - Performing with the American Wind Band (symphonic & concert band music: marches, easy listening, patriotic stuff) - 17 W 160  22nd St, Oak Brook, IL - behind REI, just west of 83 & 22nd.  This is a 40-piece concert band (no strings - just brass, woodwinds & percussion).  There will be lots of march-style and patriotic material on this program to help bring in the 4th of July.

Jun 28 2008 - 12:30pm -  Performing with ScribbleMonster @ Round Lake Streets of Summer Festival at Goodnow & Avilon Rds in Round Lake, IL.  ScribbleMonster does original rock tunes for little kids.  Another outdoor performance, this is the group I went to Baltimore and Washington DC with in 2006 to do a live broadcast from XM Radio Studios on the Kids' Channel.

Jul 13 2008 - 5:00pm - Performing with After Hours - free Concert in the Park @ Spring Rock Park in Western Springs, IL (standards, jazz, blues, Motown, R&B, rock).  This is my old 8-piece horn band.  We're reuniting once again for a free outdoor performance.  We'll cover just about all styles of music with the original band members who were together 20+ years.

Jul 26 2008 - 7:00pm -  Performing with the Park Ridge Chorale @ St Luke's Lutheran Church in Park Ridge, IL (Broadway tunes with a 50-piece choral group - music from Chicago, Dreamgirls, Hairspray, Sweeny Todd).  This is an interesting group.  A large teen-to-adult chorale group, they do a different themed show each year.  Last year it was one-hit wonders; this year it's all Broadway stuff.  This performance has limited seating and tickets are sold in advance.

Aug 9 2008 - 9:00pm - Performing with James Curley & Radio Fade @ New Uncommon Ground on Devon in Chicago (Folk/Americana/Electric-Acoustic).  James does easy-to-listen-to folk-inspired material.  Mostly mellow.  Lots of insightful lyrics - he's a great songwriter.  If you like Jackson Browne or Steve Goodman, you'll probably like James.

PM me if anything looks interesting, and I'll get more info for you.

Dave

donelk

Great schedule!  Kudo's to you, your musicianship, skills, and experience.

I've also done this kine of schedule. It usually happens in the summer or near the Christmas holidays. I think it is FUN!

Have a great few days.

Jim R.

Quote from: Dave Heim on June 25, 2008, 04:37 PM
Jun 28 2008 - 12:30pm -  Performing with ScribbleMonster @ Round Lake Streets of Summer Festival at Goodnow & Avilon Rds in Round Lake, IL.  ScribbleMonster does original rock tunes for little kids.  Another outdoor performance, this is the group I went to Baltimore and Washington DC with in 2006 to do a live broadcast from XM Radio Studios on the Kids' Channel.

Dave, this is a possibility. If I can I'll bring the kids out there.

Jim

Dave Heim

Quote from: Jim R. on June 27, 2008, 09:20 AM

Jim

Excellent, Jim!  It will be good to see you again!

Dave Heim

Quote from: Jim R. on June 27, 2008, 09:20 AM

Jim

Jim - thanks for coming out to the ScribbleMonster show today.  It was good to see you and the family there!  I hope the kids had a good time.

Jim R.

Good to see you too! Now I know why you have 5/5/5 gigs lined up...you sounded great and laid down on solid grooves. Here are some pics. The kids had fun..until the little one followed me back stage, ran into a table and got a black eye. I'm telling people he got into a fight..and that's what happens when you go to Round Lake!
Hey what kind of china is that with the rivets taken out?

Dave Heim

Quote from: Jim R. on June 29, 2008, 03:16 PM
Good to see you too! Now I know why you have 5/5/5 gigs lined up...you sounded great and laid down on solid grooves. Here are some pics. The kids had fun..until the little one followed me back stage, ran into a table and got a black eye. I'm telling people he got into a fight..and that's what happens when you go to Round Lake!
Hey what kind of china is that with the rivets taken out?

Thanks, Jim!  And thanks for the photos!  Sorry about your little one.  Did he at least get some tattoos or one of the other kiddie give-aways back stage?  PM me if not.  I know a guy.  :)

That cymbal is an early 70's 18" Zildjian Swish.  It came with 6 rivets and over the years they fell out one at a time.  I like it more now without the rivets, so I never bothered replacing them.  If I need it to sizzle I just hang a bead chain on it.

(that's my son Ben in the green, watching my nephew as he breaks in my Super 2 heads (and sticks, and pedal, and cymbals) after the show)