• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

new music

Started by Erk, May 27, 2009, 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erk

hey guys i was wondering if you could name some music i should check out...im stuck listening to the same stuff which is cool, but i want to check out some new tunes. preferably some funk, and good r & b. also does anyone know of a good site i could buy the tunes from like a 5 songs for 1 dollar type thing.

thanks guys.

Chip Donaho

It's funny you brought this up. I just auditioned with this group and may end up playing with them sometime in the near future. Wish me luck.  ;) 
http://www.sonicbids.com/epk/epk.aspx?epk_id=172808

Nathan Cartier

Go to:

www.pandora.com

Make a free account, make a station, get hooked.

edit:

You can make stations by genre, or artist.  I like to take a handfull of similar drummers and group them all in one station.  You get some really interesting drum-oriented playlists.

Dave Heim

Quote from: Erk on May 27, 2009, 06:53 PM
hey guys i was wondering if you could name some music i should check out...im stuck listening to the same stuff which is cool, but i want to check out some new tunes. preferably some funk, and good r & b. also does anyone know of a good site i could buy the tunes from like a 5 songs for 1 dollar type thing.

thanks guys.

Go to www.musicplasma.com

Enter the name of a favorite band or artist.
Click the "Artist / Band" button

The band you entered will be displayed in a sphere in the center of the screen, surrounded by other spheres. 

The larger the sphere, the more popular the band/artist (I assume the measurement is by record sales).  The closer the other band spheres are to your selected band, the greater the chances you will like those other bands.

Susan Wood

Good luck, Chip!!

Nathan Cartier

Quote from: Dave Heim on May 28, 2009, 08:48 AM
Go to www.musicplasma.com

Enter the name of a favorite band or artist.
Click the "Artist / Band" button

The band you entered will be displayed in a sphere in the center of the screen, surrounded by other spheres. 

The larger the sphere, the more popular the band/artist (I assume the measurement is by record sales).  The closer the other band spheres are to your selected band, the greater the chances you will like those other bands.

That is nifty!  I'm going to be messing with this for a while.

Chip Donaho

Thanks Susan, best I can do is try and just be "Chip". That's the tuff part, who's Chip?  ;D

Drum Slave Jack

You could try spotify.
Free registration
A hell of a lot of music
And it'll suggest bands to you.
I just started using it, i generally check bands out on there then just go on itunes to buy them.
Jack

Big Yummy

I like  http://www.live365.com]www.live365.com .  I've found a bunch of music by listening to their online radio stations that I wouldn't have heard anywhere else.