• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Opening for Jimi Jamison & Target July 4th, 2011

Started by Gregg Rivers, April 25, 2011, 10:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregg Rivers

I'm still working with the band Echos. Wes Henley, the band / project leader has put together a show with his friend Jimi Jamison for July 4th here in Jackson. The project has been racked with personnel changes over the past several months. That's really hampered progress getting the show finalized and polished. However the core has remained the same. It's a struggle sometimes to stay interested in the project because of the slow progress, but I'm not quitting until Wes pulls the plug. I committed and I will remain so. If any of my DC buds are in the Jackson, TN area on July 4th, come see us crank up "The History of Rock" show and then watch Jimi Jamison & Target ROCK the stage too! I'm stoked! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbljWKw1PSM#]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbljWKw1PSM#

Gregg Rivers

I haven't been around much lately but wanted to follow up on this project! The short of it is it didn't work out so well for me! I was dismissed, fired, let go, shown the door, given my walking papers after a full year of rehearsing and doing 3 shows for no pay! (They were charity gig to be sure!) In fact the last show I actually purchased a new Cajon for $170.00 just to do an acoustic portion of the show! I actually wanted OUT of the band, but hated to get fired! I was handed the sack last  November. By the way the Jimi Jamison show NEVER HAPPENED! Another of several things that didn't go as planned or stated. I was replaced and the project has now done 2 shows with mixed reviews. Sour grapes for me? Kind of... but not really. It did take a LOT of wind out of my sails and I now find myself without a band or the real desire to find another. I don't even practice anymore! I hope to shake this off soon! Any ideas how one does that? The good news is I didn't sell off all my gear! The bad news is I have a TON OF IT and ain't making use of it but for the occasional renting some of it out to friends! :P

Todd Norris

Dang, that stinks Gregg!  It's probably like breaking up with a girl friend.  You almost want to swear off women, but then when you least expect it, the right one comes along.  Just go back to basics.  Play on your terms.  Rediscover the simple joys of playing.  Then when you least expect it... 

Gregg Rivers

Thanks Todd! I've been plenty busy with work! So it's not like I have time to mope or any of that cryin' in my beer crap! What bugs me to NO END is my thoughtless former band mates keep sending me invitations to join their freaking Facebook page or attend the events! Some times it makes me use bad language! Ha! Fargin Bastages!  ;)