• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

broken finger again

Started by nullify_drummer, April 16, 2003, 07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nullify_drummer

ok, so i broke my ring finger again, its my right ring finger and i'm right handed. even though i dont use my ring finger that much hardly should i still play on this saturday, its 2 1/2 days away. i dislocated it at the knuckle and its surgicly put back together and i can almost bend it now. but it still hurts. so should i take the pain meds and play, cuz they numb my arm, or tell the guys to go acoustic.

RelientKngOdrums

well, i'm not a doctor, but i would obviously just say NO!! I wouldn't risk further injury. Try playing with one hand!!  ;D

ChinaCymbol

Oh if it was me I'd give 'er full throtal, if i found it comfortable to jam between now and then

RelientKngOdrums

Quote from: ChinaCymbol on April 16, 2003, 08:17 PM
Oh if it was me I'd give 'er full throtal, if i found it comfortable to jam between now and then

eek, sounds risky

Bart Elliott

I would NOT play. I'm guessing that you don't need the money to pay your rent  ... so lay off and take a break.

Louis Russell

If it was me, (and I am glad its not me by the way) I would ask the doc.  He could give better medical advice that a bunch of drummers.   ;D

random

amputation... it's all the rage! come over and i'll get you a nice chop job!  would you prefer bolt cutters or bandsaw?  

RelientKngOdrums

Quote from: random on April 17, 2003, 10:08 PM
amputation... it's all the rage! come over and i'll get you a nice chop job!  would you prefer bolt cutters or bandsaw?  

is anyone else as scared as I am?  :o :-X

;)

sjm1112

Quote from: Louis on April 17, 2003, 07:41 PM
He could give better medical advice that a bunch of drummers.   ;D

I dont know about that!!! Its a well proven fact that drummers perform surgery 58% as good as "doctors"

p.s. I know this thread is old..I just couldnt help myself :)

Nubert Thump

Reminds me of the time I met Buddy Rich crossing Broadway--his left arm was in a cast! I introduced myself(I was a teenager at the time) as a drummer and a fan and asked him what happened and how long would it be until he could play again. He laughed and replied that he broke his wrist during a Karate exhibition--he was breaking boards with his fist. He told me that he would be playing that night(I forget what club) and I should come down(he did not offer me a free ticket, though.) As it was it was a school night and I was not old enough to go to the club by myself(I wasn't even supposed to be in Manhattan that afternoon but that's another story...) I could not go.  From what I understand, Buddy played the entire run of shows with that broken wrist as if nothing was wrong. He couldn't break boards with his left fist for a while though. :)

alternativecarpark

Yeah i once broke my fore-finger on my left hand playing basket ball and as u can imagine the fore finger would be the worst to break ... never the less i still played a 3 hour band pracrise and 30 minute set... finger was swollen and red after ... next week i popped the joint capsule in my middle finger on my right hand ( again playing basket ball ) had another 3 hour band practise then went to a doctor 3 days later ... .. .. .. ive now developed some kinda of RSI in both wrists and hands.. this means i have literally constant pain in my right hand  and muscle spasms and mad pains in my left ... ive quit the school basketball team ( thank god ) and quit one of my 6 bands ... it sucks  im 16  a guitarist and a drummer and i think i have carpal tunnel