• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Too Much Gear?

Started by Bart Elliott, May 08, 2002, 03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Schlipper

Quote from: felix on July 30, 2002, 01:06 PM

Actually, I'm going to dicipline myself and have only two acoustics and one electric kit...RIGHT

put triggers on an acoustic, space saved, it looks like you have less, but you get that electronic kit :)

me, ive got full size kit, and ive got the little baby kit.  currently the big ones at  a practice space and the little ones set up at home.  so it gives the illusion of less stuff ;)

marker

Yes!  You must reduce to an old Slingerland kick drum, a 1960's Japanese import snare drum, and a cracked Krut cymbal.

Only then will you be cool.

Mark Schlipper

dude, kruts rule!   i had a 16" that i hammered into a novo china for a friend, sounded great!  also at one point had a pair of 12" hats (fast and trashy, great for breakbeat stuff) and an 18" ... well, that one was just Krap :)

felix

QuoteYes!  You must reduce to an old Slingerland kick drum, a 1960's Japanese import snare drum, and a cracked Krut cymbal.

Only then will you be cool.

That was my first kit I got for free.  A kick drum spur was broken (import jap, not slingerland) and I would have to hold the snare in my lap...I did have a mounted tom and a krut crash...all in red sparkle.

Was there ever a doubt that felix wasn't kool?