• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

My toes are bleeding!

Started by oxford, February 07, 2004, 09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oxford

OKAY this is weird but...

I am recently getting back into drumming and did a four hour session last night with some guys. I noticed later that the tip of my toe (for kick pedal) was cracked and bleeding. The air is very dry in southern California and my skin must have been affected by it and the pounding of the kick did some damage.

So it looks like I need to keep some lotion on my toes. Does anyone else have a problem with their toes or am I the only freakazoid?

Thanks
OX

Joe

It used to happen to me, especially in winter.  Still happens less frequently.

nudrum

You do anything for four hours and your likely to get some repercussions.
My index finger gets dry and cracked after an hour of practice. I put lotion on one certain spot on the finger and I am OK.
No reason the toe can't suffer from pushing on the pedal. My toes are pretty moist in my shoes sono dry skin there.
You may be using more toe than ball of your feet to push the pedal. Whatever that's good for  ???

nitro101

i get blisters alot from playing alot....but ive never had a bloody foot....bloody nose....bloody hands..yes..but my foot.not that i can remember

Dinosaur

My toes used to bleed while I was running. Turns out my toenails were 3 inches long and cut up my foot...

drumwild

Yep, the air sure is dry 'round these parts (I'm in SoCal, too). I'm running a humidifier and it's been working wonders for the dryness.

Building up some callouses would help, too... takes time.