• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Got my new kit today

Started by bonejoy, April 27, 2004, 03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bonejoy

I haven't got any pics yet, but basically got a Maple Premier Artist in rosewood....

22 kick
10, 12, 14, 16 toms - all racked
14 snare
zildjian a custom crashes 15, 16, 18"
Zildjian K ride

Put pinstripes on the toms and a G2 on the snare....sounds 'lovely'!  Got a good deal....£1,300 for the lot...brand new!

I had a play on it tonight, and it just feels a lot more responsive than my old kit.  Plus the tom mounts enable unlimited set up possibilities...pretty important for me as I'm 6'3" and with my old kit, I had to sit far from the kick and i could never get the toms close enough so every time I was doing a fill, my hands and arms had to travel a lot more making it difficult...

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you all...

Big-Skittle

Seraphina

Very cool :) Can I come have a play?

bonejoy

William Leslie

Congrats!! I never played a premier kit, only a snare when I was in school. It was great, tight,great rebound, and tone like I never heard before. Marching band we used nothing but premier and they were just as good. I haven't gave much thought to them until now. This might be something to look into if I ever get the back bone to buy a new kit.(Not to mention the money ). Thank you for the insite and good luck with your new kit.

bonejoy

The only thing that I'm a tiny bit miffed at is the 15" A Custom crash...it's a bit weak and sounds more like a splash......the 16" is gorgeous though...  ;D

Seraphina

Im hoping to upgrade my cymbals toward the end of this year,maybe just starting with my hats,will be Zildjians just not sure what yet,K Mastersounds maybe so I'm always keeping an ear open for other peoples cymbal experiences.

Bart Elliott

bonejoy

Quote from: Seraphina on April 28, 2004, 07:20 AM
Im hoping to upgrade my cymbals toward the end of this year,maybe just starting with my hats,will be Zildjians just not sure what yet,K Mastersounds maybe so I'm always keeping an ear open for other peoples cymbal experiences.

I'm not so experienced with cymbals....but I know what I like and what I don't like.  I spent a long time looking at different types, and trying them out in the shops.  The 15" A custom is a tad weak in isolation, but along with the 16 & 18...it fits in nicely.  I got the K ride because of all the rides I'd heard...it was the one that pleased me the most...

It's a personal thing I guess, like I'm also not a fan of China's and Splash's personally.....

QuoteI never played a premier kit, only a snare when I was in school. It was great, tight,great rebound, and tone like I never heard before.

The snare does have a great feel to it.  As you say, supurb rebound for greater feel of what the sticks are doing....I read quite a lot about this kit before I got it...mostly good stuff, and some minor bad reports about the finish and bearing edges, but I've got to say, as for the price (normal retail price...I just got a special deal) for a maple kit...it's probably the best value for money kit I've seen on the market.  The hardware is very good too..

James Walker

Quote from: bonejoy on April 27, 2004, 03:45 PM
I haven't got any pics yet, but basically got a Maple Premier Artist in rosewood....

Congratulations!  I'm a big fan of the kits that Premier is putting out these days, so I don't doubt that your set sounds wonderful.

We want to see "baby pictures!"  :D

topleywonder

Sounds like a very nice set!