• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

Injures while playing?

Started by slurch, March 08, 2002, 04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis Russell

Quote from: hitman357 on March 05, 2003, 07:07 PM
it stabbed me in that spot between the nuts and a$$hole..

Sorry to hear that, but you know deep in your heart I am laughing my butt off about the award. ;D

hitman357

i love it!...i accept the award and shall wear it with pride..

Christopher

Quote from: Drummer Boy on August 05, 2002, 05:31 AM
  I'm always choppin up my knuckles on my high-hat, especially when playing quite fast.  Does anyone know a cure for this?

No, but if you find one, let me know please.  ::)

My knuckles would be fare better if I were on the bad side of an angry nun with a new yardstick.  >:(

Here's another one for the more morbid.

I still have a small scar on the bridge of my nose from when I was fifteen and I lifted the top tube of my hi hat up while sitting on the floor. The cymbals rose above the rod. The top cymbal came right down on me. I'm sure it would have sliced my nose clean off if it was any sharper.

The shame.  :-[

ChinaCymbol

I had one really bad experience where i was going from a percussion behind my left shoulder to a cymbol beyond my right shoulder with the same stick pretty quickly, smashed myself in the side of the head, really really hurt

SteamRhino

My drum throne (rubber feet missing) cut through an extension cord. Talk about lighting up a room :o
Near miss: Shard of glass over one foot long from large pane of glass three stories up sliced through my snare drum heads just as I sat down to play. >:( I moved the drum set :P

tainteddrummer

QuoteCommander

Re: Injures while playing?
" Reply #5 on: March 10, 2002, 04:10:23 AM "  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At various points I have suffered from the following.

1). Tendonitis.
2). Sliced / bleeding knuckles on cymbals.
3). Hit myself in the nuts with the end of both sticks.
4). Burst / bleeding blisters.
5). Tinitus (ringing in the ears) that is now permanent.
6). Wayward sticks falling on head from great height.
7). Fallen whilst standing on kit at end of show.

It's a war zone out there guys!  

add hitting self in head with stick, grinding 1st 2 toes between pedal chain, hitting myself in the leg, hitting fingers on floor tom rim, and snapping a drumstick during a fast fill and it bounces back to hit me in the nose..  
  DRUMS R SO COOL

Andrew

I pretty well screwed up my back at a gig about a week and a half ago. The stage volume was really high, and I ended up leaning into my kit for about an hour and a half. I'm on drugs now.

MOUSE

Here is a link that may help you poor souls.
http://www.sportsrehab.com/drumminginjuries.htm

In 20 + years of playing i have suffered a blow to the head from a band trailer door that came down unexpectedly leaving me seeing stars for a day or two.
Have done the fall off the stage trick with a dodgy drum stool, ONCE!
Have watched in horror a roadie drop my snare which then rolled down a flight of hard stairs denting the hoop...That hurt!
Just recently after putting up with neck muscle sprains have found out i have spinal arhritis and my bones are aged 10 years older than my body.
If my doctors decides i need to take up another activity other than drumming which isn't helping, i'll just suggest "what about drumming".

Louis Russell

Quote from: mouse on June 13, 2003, 10:40 PM
Have done the fall off the stage trick with a dodgy drum stool, ONCE!

Me too, and once is enough if you do it right the first time.