• Welcome to Drummer Cafe Community Forum.

When you quit smoking...

Started by Falcao, April 08, 2004, 05:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rocksurvivor

loudderdb, well said. i notice pot smokers will say anything to justify  there habit, i even know one that claims it helps her breath, ya, right

agogobil

Quote from: rocksurvivor on April 16, 2004, 07:31 AM
loudderdb, well said. i notice pot smokers will say anything to justify  there habit, i even know one that claims it helps her breath, ya, right

do search on Google for "health risks of marijuana smoking" ... interesting feedback.

pardon the thread hijack.

Aadam

i've been smoking for a while but for some reason i enjoy it, but i never really get hooked...i mean i smoke at parties but smoking is the last thing i think about at home.
well how about chewing? you ever have a spittoon attached off of your hi hat stand like a stick holder? ;)

Paul DAngelo

Quote from: agogobil on April 16, 2004, 03:54 PM
do search on Google for "health risks of marijuana smoking" ... interesting feedback.
pardon the thread hijack.
do search on Google for "health risks of social drinking" ... interesting feedback.

pardon the thread re-hijack.

do search on Google for "health risks of cigarette smoking"  ... interesting feedback

rethreading the thread  8)

Jay Northrop

For me when I quit I felt a little better.I felt that I did have more energy to play longer though.When I was a smoker I would drum for 30 mins here and there throughout the day.But once I quit I was able to sit down for 2-3 hours and play a few times a day.I was able to just devote that smoking time to my drumming time.

MOUSE

I gave up some 15 years ago. I was a heavy smoker and sucked on cigars, loved them but they were hurting my pocket.
As i have played in smokey bars over the years i feel that after about 10 years i had finally kicked the cravings which then turned to repulsion at the secondary smoke. My vocalist has a fan on stage to blow it away from her which i am grateful for.
New laws coming in Dec. this year will ban all smoking from workplaces which includes bars (even garden bars)
Sad thing is it may cause a decline in punters and available gigs.
Most venues are smokefree now and a pleasure to play in. My drums just stink after a pub gig.
Decided to try a cigar at Xmas ( a weak momenty)after abstaining for so long, and it turned me green and made me feel sick after a few puffs.  My body has told me iv'e finally done it and is in rejection mode, and i feel so much better knowing i'll never touch another one again.

Don't start!, If you have Give up NOW!

jesster

I am currently smoking again....but I quit for two years a while back and Nicorette gum did the trick for me. I plan on quitting again soon and I'll definitely use the gum because I know it is the ticket for me. When I quit I wasn't playing...but I actually lost weight, mainly because whenever I ate I wanted a smoke, so I refrained from eating so much :)  Also, I was jogging a lot...if you don't like to exercise or find it tedious try headphones with some good live music and drummers which inspire you....Imagine you are up there on stage playing that at Red Rocks or something and the miles/minutes just fly by and before you know it you've got your workout and a refreshed desire to practice/play...........well, it works for me :)